Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Ask the Sky Team
(02-04-2018, 11:25 PM)Nclark Wrote: Would it be possible to have the sky team create a skywire setup video? Perhaps, something geared towards audiences of varying technical ability.

1. How to prepare before receiving your skyminer (e.g. what internet speed is needed, what other hardware outside of the miner is required, what software is needed, what operating system is recommended, etc.)
2. Visual unboxing and setup of the physical skyminer hardware
3. Setting up the skywire software and configuring it with the skyminer
4. Converting earned skyhours to skycoin
5. Ballin like JJ

I love how this is a community effort and I love seeing all of the individuals here and on telegram that are posting guides and tutorials. However, all of the information is a bit spread out and can be little hard to understand for non technical individuals like myself. A simple how to guide would go a long way.

I will ask the same question. When the test net is running with mining rewards, expect a huge wave of people flooding in like crazy and crying for detailed, noob-friendly mining instructions. And if they don't get answered, they'll scream in frustration and maybe rage quit. (I personally prefer them to just rage quit to keep the miner population low and reward high lol)  So be prepared.
Is there any guidance for minimum or optimal upload speeds for the 1st Gen Miners during testnet besides simply, "more is better?" For instance, my current upload speed is only 1 Mbps. I can upgrade to 10 Mbps for 75 bucks a month, but would it be worthwhile? Or I could even rent a cheap house just for the sky miner in another city where Google fiber is available with 1000 Mbps upload speed, but I don't have any idea if it would be worth it. Some guidance on this topic would help a lot.
The  bitcoin QT-wallet software have the complete blockchain containing all transactions ever maid synced to the harddrive.

Does the Skycoin wallet work the same way?
Email has been sent. Will post the answers here when they respond
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to skyguy for this post:
  • edoardocoen, Footballelixir, Lancek
Hello,

I wanted to know what is the miner equipment needed? And where can I find the process of connecting miner to network? I'm new to skycoin, but I would like to build my own device.

Regards
Aziz
(02-20-2018, 10:41 PM)Zuppa2020 Wrote: Hello,

I wanted to know what is the miner equipment needed? And where can I find the process of connecting miner to network? I'm new to skycoin, but I would like to build my own device.

Regards
Aziz

Welcome. All that info can be found here -> https://skywug.net/forum/Forum-Skywire
(02-14-2018, 11:59 AM)skyguy Wrote: Email has been sent. Will post the answers here when they respond

I hope specifics about router setup will be addressed. I'm not that tech savvy and details about router requirements, how to's, openwrt details etc will be really helpfull
Hi,

I just received and built the official Skywire miner.

Unable to find Voltage selector switch on the Madewell S-100-5 PSU.

I'm in the US, so I was making sure it was set to 120V.

Also, looking forward to guide walk through for "official" software and network setup; but I'll definitely check out the posts that were submitted in the forum.

Message me anytime,

Thanks for your guys' posts and help!
How will the bandwidth to coin hour rate be determined? Is this set by individual miners/nodes?
(02-11-2018, 07:41 PM)D-C Wrote: .....  Or I could even rent a cheap house just for the sky miner in another city where Google fiber is available with 1000 Mbps upload speed, but I don't have any idea if it would be worth it.  Some guidance on this topic would help a lot.

Sounds like a great idea if the rewards are worth it