Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I earn without having to buy SKY first?
Hello everybody!

I've got a Skywire node and a SKY wallet running on Windows. I want to help the Skywire project, however I don't have money to drop on Skycoin right now. Can I earn without buying coin first, or should I wait to run the node until I can afford some SKY?

Also, how do I link my node with my wallet?
(01-13-2018, 11:15 PM)SlickStretch Wrote: Hello everybody!

I've got a Skywire node and a SKY wallet running on Windows. I want to help the Skywire project, however I don't have money to drop on Skycoin right now. Can I earn without buying coin first, or should I wait to run the node until I can afford some SKY?

Also, how do I link my node with my wallet?

Uhh yes the skywire node doesn't earn money yet.

The testnet isn't releases as of current, and so you can't even connect your node to another node.

I am not sure if earning money from nodes will happen in testnet or mainnet - but either way you have to wait Sad
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ADepic for this post:
  • mydamnbiscuits
(01-29-2018, 09:01 PM)ADepic Wrote: The testnet isn't releases as of current, and so you can't even connect your node to another node.

I am not sure if earning money from nodes will happen in testnet or mainnet - but either way you have to wait Sad

I'm not trying to do it right now. I'm just wondering if I will need to buy SKY before then, or if I will still get the same benefits without the initial deposit.
(01-29-2018, 10:07 PM)SlickStretch Wrote:
(01-29-2018, 09:01 PM)ADepic Wrote: The testnet isn't releases as of current, and so you can't even connect your node to another node.

I'm not trying to do it right now. I'm just wondering if I will need to buy SKY before then, or if I will still get the same benefits without the initial deposit.

Based on the info I've seen you wont need to have Sky in a wallet in order to gain rewards for forwarding packets once the Skywire network is operational.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ttlk for this post:
  • SlickStretch
> Based on the info I've seen you wont need to have Sky in a wallet in order to gain rewards for forwarding packets once the Skywire network is operational.

Ah, that's cool, thanks.