Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coin hours
Coin hours is parallel currency with its own market rate. Users are paid coin hours for holding skycoin in their wallet its similar to the staking. Coin hours will be used to pay the bandwidth on the meshnetwork and for the trading fees on the DEX you will able to convert coin hours to other currency and spend them without sending your skycoin.

Coin hours are a parrallel currency to Skycoin that are produced every hour in the ratio 1:1 between Skycoin and coin hours. They are used to prevent spam attacks on the Skycoin network and as payment for bandwidth on Skywire. Eventually, there will be a seperate market for coin hours where they can be sold, bought or traded for Skycoin.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to bajarangkale for this post:
  • Andrewshan
I'm curious how coins and hours will be separated in the wallet (as I understand this hasn't been implemented yet) - Will we be able to send/receive each separately and in the same wallet? Or will a coin wallet link to a seperate hour wallet?
How much for 1 SKY in coin hours?
(01-05-2018, 12:42 PM)qQwrv Wrote: How much for 1 SKY in coin hours?

1 skycoin in a sky wallet generates 1 coin hour every hour. So 1 SKY = 24 coin hours every full day (24 hours)
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to skyguy for this post:
  • googler, Nclark, Rivelli
(01-05-2018, 12:53 PM)skyguy Wrote:

1 skycoin in a sky wallet generates 1 coin hour every hour. So 1 SKY = 24 coin hours every full day (24 hours)

I mean when coin hours will be tradable, how much will 1 SKY cost in coin hours?
(01-05-2018, 01:40 PM)qQwrv Wrote:
(01-05-2018, 12:53 PM)skyguy Wrote:

I mean when coin hours will be tradable, how much will 1 SKY cost in coin hours?

Someone calculated 150k coin hours for 1 SKY. Not confirmed
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to skyguy for this post:
  • Anonymous star traveller, qQwrv
But take care when you transfer your Skycoins to another wallet - 50 to 80 percent of your Skyhours might get lost on the transaction. This is not a failure but a conceptual wanted way of the system. As far as I know, it is implemented to prevent manipulations based on trading volumes.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to M3M for this post:
  • googler, Knave9
lol, skycoin hours will draw many memes in future, watch out
Thank you for that M3M. Do you know if you send the hours with the coin? As in do they arrive with the coin in the other person's wallet?

I've not many coins, but i've far more hours than i should, i seem to get a chunk whenever i move a coin over.

It's all interesting stuff. Thanks for your input!
(01-04-2018, 02:48 PM)Laughmore Wrote: I'm curious how coins and hours will be separated in the wallet (as I understand this hasn't been implemented yet) - Will we be able to send/receive each separately and in the same wallet?  Or will a coin wallet link to a seperate hour wallet?

In future planning will be trading coin hours like Gas