Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connect nodes using SSH
Information 
Follow the instructions below to connect nodes together using SSH. For my own tests, I connected a Windows Node to my Ubuntu Server. I have also successfully tested connecting to another user across the internet

**Very buggy at the moment. The connecting node might crash and require a restart

(1) Open the monitor of the node receiving the SSH request and click the SSH icon. Note down the Public and Application Key. These will be used by the connecting node

[Image: Ubuntu_SSH_Server_App_Key.jpg]

(2) Open the monitor of the connecting node and click the SSH app icon. Once started, the sshs app key will be shown below. After it's started, click the SSH Client app icon

SSH App

[Image: Windows_Start_SSH_Server_App.jpg]

SSH Client App

[Image: Windows_Start_SSH_Client_App.jpg]

(3) In the SSH Client window, enter the Public and Application key of the node you are trying to connect to and press "Connect"

[Image: Windows_SSH_Enter_Node_Keys.jpg]

SSH client connected

[Image: Windows_SSH_Node_Connected.jpg]

(4) Press the SSH Client icon again to see the available options. Entering the public and app key of another node will add it to the list. To delete a connected node, press the recycle bin icon

[Image: Windows_SSH_Node_Connected_ID.jpg]

Reconnecting a node after a monitor restart

**Receiving node must have SSH running

On the connecting node 

(i) Start SSH App
(ii) Open SSH Client
(iii) Click the reconnect icon

[Image: Windows_Reconnect_SSH_Client.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to skyguy for this post:
  • Docukno, Lancek, NetOp4Coin
For the server side of this; when I click on the SSH icon, the App key never shows... I even deleted everything and cloned the latest from github again... Am i missing a setup step? I noticed our manager screens are slightly different, as far as the Operations and Apps areas go (see image).

[Image: skywire_Capture1.png]

Not sure if this is related, but during initial go install ./..., I'm getting some errors... (Windows install, btw)

C:\Go\src\github.com\skycoin2\skywire\cmd>go install ./...
# github.com/skycoin/skywire/node/api
..\..\..\skycoin\skywire\node\api\api.go:627:14: undefined: pty.Start
..\..\..\skycoin\skywire\node\api\api.go:685:35: not enough arguments in call to syscall.Syscall
..\..\..\skycoin\skywire\node\api\api.go:686:6: undefined: syscall.SYS_IOCTL
..\..\..\skycoin\skywire\node\api\api.go:688:6: undefined: syscall.TIOCSWINSZ
# github.com/skycoin2/skywire/cmd/ssh/sshc
ssh\sshc\client.go:49:30: cannot use func literal (type func(*"github.com/skycoin2/skywire/vendor/github.com/skycoin/net/skycoin-messenger/factory".AppConnResp) *"github.com/skycoin2/skywire/vendor/github.com/skycoin/net/skycoin-messenger/factory".AppFeedback) as type func(*"github.com/skycoin/skywire/vendor/github.com/skycoin/net/skycoin-messenger/factory".AppConnResp) *"github.com/skycoin/skywire/vendor/github.com/skycoin/net/skycoin-messenger/factory".AppFeedback in assignment
# github.com/skycoin2/skywire/cmd/socks/socksc
socks\socksc\client.go:59:30: cannot use func literal (type func(*"github.com/skycoin2/skywire/vendor/github.com/skycoin/net/skycoin-messenger/factory".AppConnResp) *"github.com/skycoin2/skywire/vendor/github.com/skycoin/net/skycoin-messenger/factory".AppFeedback) as type func(*"github.com/skycoin/skywire/vendor/github.com/skycoin/net/skycoin-messenger/factory".AppConnResp) *"github.com/skycoin/skywire/vendor/github.com/skycoin/net/skycoin-messenger/factory".AppFeedback in assignment

Any ideas?
UPDATE: So I ended up completely re-installing Go to a new directory, and in the process realized an additional issue I’m having; node.exe is no longer installing in %GOPATH%\bin\ with the latest Skywire code from GitHub... I had still been running with a copy from Dec after my recent re-clone...

After the Go reinstall I’m only getting the \skycoin\skywire\node\api\api.go errors shown above. I’m sure this is directly resulting in the lack of node.exe installation... A little bit of uninformed googling about pty.Start on Windows has me wondering if there is an underlying incompatibility...

Probably getting a little to deep into this for the comment section of an SSH How To... FWIW; placing the old node.exe into the new Go bin directory puts me right back where I started... Node will start and show online, but I’m still only seeing what is shown in the image shared above (no App key)...

Thanks in advance for any help!
(01-29-2018, 04:30 AM)NetOp4Coin Wrote: UPDATE: So I ended up completely re-installing Go to a new directory, and in the process realized an additional issue I’m having; node.exe is no longer installing in %GOPATH%\bin\ with the latest Skywire code from GitHub... I had still been running with a copy from Dec after my recent re-clone...

After the Go reinstall I’m only getting the \skycoin\skywire\node\api\api.go errors shown above. I’m sure this is directly resulting in the lack of node.exe installation... A little bit of uninformed googling about pty.Start on Windows has me wondering if there is an underlying incompatibility...

Probably getting a little to deep into this for the comment section of an SSH How To... FWIW; placing the old node.exe into the new Go bin directory puts me right back where I started... Node will start and show online, but I’m still only seeing what is shown in the image shared above (no App key)...

Thanks in advance for any help!

Thanks NetOp4Coin

We must have different versions. I'll test this evening with a fresh node install
Excellent!
Is it possible (for you) to set up a "generic Node/User" on your side which we can (as the surrounding Nodes) connect to (or try connect to)?
(In my case a Windows 10 "requesting Node").
(01-29-2018, 11:22 AM)Docukno Wrote: Excellent!
Is it possible (for you) to set up a "generic Node/User" on your side which we can (as the surrounding Nodes) connect to (or try connect to)?
SKYGUY:
What about my request? Is it possible or what is your response?
(02-05-2018, 07:02 AM)Docukno Wrote:
(01-29-2018, 11:22 AM)Docukno Wrote: Excellent!
SKYGUY:
What about my request? Is it possible or what is your response?

Use the public and App key in the 1st screenshot and see if you can connect to my test node