Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't rush new exchanges
I might be alone in thinking this, but I actually think it'd be best to not rush to new exchanges during this speculative bubble that we're currently in. Sky is a solid project that won't benefit from the gold rush that's going on as it can stand its own based on merit. There's also no need for the types of people that are only interested in making a quick buck to be attracted to this community. So I'd say, let's build the project and community, but don't stress too much about getting the coin on exchanges. There'll be loads of time for that in the future.
Or do.. Im hooked with skycoin but can't afford 1 sky (at this price) to get it out of cryptopia... It's like a day's pay here.
All the best tho!
They just need to get Sky on Binance.. and make the withdrawal fee free or .001
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to coinshn for this post:
  • Anonymous star traveller
(01-15-2018, 10:06 AM)cryptococonuts Wrote: Or do.. Im hooked with skycoin but can't afford 1 sky (at this price) to get it out of cryptopia... It's like a day's pay here.
All the best tho!

Cryptopia has removed the 1 SKY withdrawal fee
I don't really get all the hate toward Cryptopia. My only complaint was the 1 SKY withdrawal fee, but now that's been removed I've got no gripes with them.

That said, with regards to the OP, there's a lot to be said about balancing long-term, steady growth with the need to generate mass adoption at some point. Skycoin is already waging an uphill battle against Bitcoin, Ethereum, and others that benefit from early adoption. For Skycoin to get to where we all want it to, it's going to have to be much more accessible and well-known, and listing on one or more major exchanges is critical for that to happen.
Skycoin has been around a long time. This isn't a quick rich scheme. It's a multilevel plan to actually do some good. The positive for the investors is that eventually the coins will be worth more too as a result.

To go mainstream they need to get on the big 3 or 4 exchanges and then maybe the beginners course that is eToro?

All this is known though and the guys and gals in charge are smart enough to do it right.
(01-15-2018, 04:51 PM)coinshn Wrote: They just need to get Sky on Binance.. and make the withdrawal fee free or .001

Agreed! Binance is the easiest exchange to deal with ??
I am a big fan of Skycoin - it has loads of promise and I can't wait to see how it does in 2018!
(01-15-2018, 07:10 AM)sourui Wrote: I might be alone in thinking this, but I actually think it'd be best to not rush to new exchanges during this speculative bubble that we're currently in. Sky is a solid project that won't benefit from the gold rush that's going on as it can stand its own based on merit. There's also no need for the types of people that are only interested in making a quick buck to be attracted to this community. So I'd say, let's build the project and community, but don't stress too much about getting the coin on exchanges. There'll be loads of time for that in the future.

I Agree, to much hype and speculation would detract from the project. Better to build a solid base and get skywire working before opening up to a wider market.
Glad to see you guys agree. Speculation can only harm this coin. By the way - Cryptopia does not have a withdrawal fee on Sky anymore. Binance is a good exchange but at this point what's the point of getting the coin on exchanges? What's the end goal here - getting SkyWire live, or making investors rich? i think it should be the former and I'm glad the community apparently sees it the same way.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to sourui for this post:
  • CryptoAndy87, TC inthesky