Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting whitelisted
I bought 8 orange pi prime's and the supporting hardware, most stuff is coming from china in 15 or so days. I was flashing the images onto the cards and researching getting whitelisted and read this.  

Uptime requirements:
  • Keep your nodes up and running if you want to be eligible for rewards. You will need a 75% uptime in June or your whitelist spot will be forfeited.
I am guessing I cannot get whitelisted for testnet, seeing as I am not even going to up and running until about the middle of July. Sorry I am new and just jumped in, hopefully I'm not too late. 

Thanks!
(06-23-2018, 09:25 PM)normohl@gmail.com Wrote: I bought 8 orange pi prime's and the supporting hardware, most stuff is coming from china in 15 or so days. I was flashing the images onto the cards and researching getting whitelisted and read this.  

Uptime requirements:
  • Keep your nodes up and running if you want to be eligible for rewards. You will need a 75% uptime in June or your whitelist spot will be forfeited.
I am guessing I cannot get whitelisted for testnet, seeing as I am not even going to up and running until about the middle of July. Sorry I am new and just jumped in, hopefully I'm not too late. 

Thanks!

Nothing is being whitelisted yet, and to my understanding the counter gets reset every month. So even if you start in the middle of one month you will hit the 75% the next month no issues.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to I Am You for this post:
  • normohl
As a followup to the whitelisting question: I have a miner running right now with a single RPi3B that I used as a test node for my experimentation. I have 2 more pies, but these are 3B+'es and I will set them up tomorrow and get them running now that I have ironed out all the issues with the first one and started to understand the software setup.

I have a number of questions regarding this:
1. In the whitelisting form, there is a question about architecture. If I proceed as I outline above, I will have a mixed setup of RPi 3B and 3B+'es. Is this allowed? In that case, what do I choose in the form?
2. Now that I have understood the whole process I will get me 5 more pi's and add them to the cluster. Can I register the setup tomorrow (3 pi's) and then update the registration when I have the 5 more or should I wait until it's all done? Also, the first 3 will likely not be a very beautiful setup, but will be 3 normal Pi's just sitting on a desk. When I get the 5 more, I will add a nice box to it so that it will look better as well.
3. If I register tomorrow, it will be the 2nd of August. In other words I will have a lot of time to get the 75% uptime needed. Is it allowed to start after the 1st day of a month and still get the reward for that month if the total uptime is > 75% of the month?
(06-23-2018, 09:25 PM)normohl Wrote: I bought 8 orange pi prime's and the supporting hardware, most stuff is coming from china in 15 or so days. I was flashing the images onto the cards and researching getting whitelisted and read this.  

Uptime requirements:

Thanks!

The games we play I always win