Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How big is the current DIY whitelist application list?
Is there any information on this? I know DIY applicants are going to be white listed at a rate of 50 per week but having just put in a white list application I would like to know where I stand.
Thanks,
M
(05-25-2018, 08:42 AM)Marcus Wrote: Is there any information on this? I know DIY applicants are going to be white listed at a rate of 50 per week but having just put in a white list application I would like to know where I stand.
Thanks,
M

If I were responsible for whitelisting I would do as they said: each week reporting who is being accepted. And I would not only accept by time submission of node but checking quality of the miner: the ones with more nodes and more similar to the official one, sooner than the rest. It doesn't make sense than an early submission with a single shitty raspi would make a 16 orange prime configuration to wait.
(05-25-2018, 04:06 PM)noquedanmasnick Wrote:
(05-25-2018, 08:42 AM)Marcus Wrote: Is there any information on this? I know DIY applicants are going to be white listed at a rate of 50 per week but having just put in a white list application I would like to know where I stand.
Thanks,
M

If I were responsible for whitelisting I would do as they said: each week reporting who is being accepted. And I would not only accept by time submission of node but checking quality of the miner: the ones with more nodes and more similar to the official one, sooner than the rest. It doesn't make sense than an early submission with a single shitty raspi would make a 16 orange prime configuration to wait.

I'm not sure I agree on prioritizing rigs based on how good they are but I don't see the need to slow drip 50 per week. Maybe there is a good reason but it's kind of off putting knowing you could be waiting for months.
From what it read, they will only accepted DIY after the first period when you have proved its dedicated hardware and you kept it up for 75% of the time
If there are currently slightly above 1900 nodes, and let's say most of the official skyminers are connected (how many were shipped, 200, 300?), with 8 nodes per official miner, then there are not so many DIY in the waiting list. So let's say:
200 official miners submitted = 1600 nodes.
300 DIY nodes divided by 4 nodes per DIY miner average(?) = 75 DIY miners.

Is there any flaw in my calculations?