Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to run Skywire on Orange Pi
Compliments of Mitja Gomboc

[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to skyguy for this post:
  • Arroyo, djskinner, yo_mama
I just wonder if Skywire miner need a dedicated public IP address or not?
(12-27-2017, 05:49 PM)cyou2 Wrote: I just wonder if Skywire miner need a dedicated public IP address or not?

It will during testing. Not sure when it goes live
My opinion is that 1 Orange Pi or just running it on a laptop will be enough at the very start.

I don't see the point in spending more money on 8 Pis until we know that this whole network will definitely work.

I also don't understand why they chose 8 Orange Pis instead of just recommending a beast machine. Maybe it's because the Pi looks like its easily modified for prototypes for adaptations from users.
(12-28-2017, 11:32 PM)Bakez Wrote: My opinion is that 1 Orange Pi or just running it on a laptop will be enough at the very start.

I don't see the point in spending more money on 8 Pis until we know that this whole network will definitely work.

I also don't understand why they chose 8 Orange Pis instead of just recommending a beast machine. Maybe it's because the Pi looks like its easily modified for prototypes for adaptations from users.

Yes wouldn't that be nice if a PC with extension cards could accomplish this.  I'm curious about the reasoning behind the Pi's.
Hmm,there will be a lot of variations, an alternative is to run the node on your pc/laptop see if is worth and get some oranges
Seeding, is also the another option as a mining for Skycoin? If yes, then which software is for seeding Skycoin?
Happy to help Smile
Thanks for good info.

I will try this on my rasberrypi .
(12-28-2017, 04:50 AM)skyguy Wrote:
(12-27-2017, 05:49 PM)cyou2 Wrote: I just wonder if Skywire miner need a dedicated public IP address or not?

It will during testing. Not sure when it goes live

What's the implication of having a dynamic IP address for those of us who have one that want to run a node? Requiring a static IP would severely restrict the number of users that could participate in countries like the UK for example.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to djskinner for this post:
  • D-C, Laughmore