Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to setup Skywire on Mac - Super Easy Video Tutorial
Information 
Hi all,

I made a short video tutorial for everyone that wants to setup a Skywire node on Mac:

Please have a look and we can discuss further in the forums or on this thread if anyone needs more help.

Thanks,
Noach

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to LDN for this post:
  • Nclark
Can I set up skywire hardware by myself according to the opensource assemble list? Or i have to wait for the skywire hardware delivered by Skycoin team?
Okay I have some stupid questions from a non tech person who's looking to learn, and interested in getting more involved. Do I need the skywire hardware to do this or can I run a node with just my MacBook? When the node is running is it mining skycoin or accruing coin hours? If so, how can I load the coins/hours to my skycoin wallet. Apologies for my ignorance, but I guess everyone has got to start somewhere. Smile
(01-09-2018, 07:57 PM)Robin.Xie Wrote: Can I set up skywire hardware by myself according to the opensource assemble list? Or i have to wait for the skywire hardware delivered by Skycoin team?

You can set up your own Hardware. However, you do not get the same rewards as people who buy the Skywire Miner. Information on how the rewards differ has been unclear though.