Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think skycoin will increase more than 50 times in 2018
(01-16-2018, 07:23 AM)kiritooru Wrote: Because I can not speak English, I use Google translation.
I think that it would be ten times as big as me.
If you can list on binance etc you can expect more!

英語が話せないのでGoogle翻訳を使います。
私も年内に10倍になってくれればいいなと思ってます。
binanceなどに上場出来ればもっと期待出来ますが!

I introduced it on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/kiritooru/status/953164720579624960

So amazing! So glad that you're able to still express yourself through the language barrier with Google translation! Welcome to the community, kiritooru!!!
Abundance is the receiving power of your mind...So, let us create & receive the future that we ALL DESERVE!
(01-08-2018, 06:26 PM)Knave9 Wrote: I've little doubt at some point in 2018 there will be a mass-extinction event for Crypto in general.

It'll be a huge drop in the market as a whole, most things dropping by 50/60/70%.

Of the 1500 or so coins out there i'd expect only half to survive. The market will then recover over a month or so (so don't panic and sell!)

After that the strong ones, the ones which serve a purpose will have more of a footing and programs like Skycoin and the obvious other ones like NEO etc will be left.

In that scenario I think Skycoin will hold a solid market share and even if it's "only" 8th-12th that could be in the $15billion range. As agent X states above that could reach about $1,200 per coin (assuming only half the supply are out by that point?)

It's exciting times, but regardless of the money, it's also an interesting project and i won't be selling up for year. I'm here to stay.

Cheers

Knave

I agree there's a good chance the bubble could pop this year.  Or maybe not!  Synth speculated that it may go to $10 trillion over a period of years before it really pops.
It might actually good for the Sky project if the bubble pops for a bit. Lots of people around that care mostly about money and not about building this project and community.
Interesting thing to note is that Skycoin has been very resistant to the recent bleed out of alts. Strong hands here.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to skyforger for this post:
  • CryptoAndy87
(01-16-2018, 07:42 AM)Currency_Curtis Wrote:
(01-16-2018, 07:23 AM)kiritooru Wrote: Because I can not speak English, I use Google translation.
I think that it would be ten times as big as me.
If you can list on binance etc you can expect more!

英語が話せないのでGoogle翻訳を使います。
私も年内に10倍になってくれればいいなと思ってます。
binanceなどに上場出来ればもっと期待出来ますが!

I introduced it on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/kiritooru/status/953164720579624960

So amazing! So glad that you're able to still express yourself through the language barrier with Google translation! Welcome to the community, kiritooru!!!

I am glad if you say so!

In 2018 I would like to do my best to spread dissemination activities in Japan as well, so that it will be a leap year for skycoin Big Grin 
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to kiritooru for this post:
  • skyguy
(01-16-2018, 02:13 PM)skyforger Wrote: Interesting thing to note is that Skycoin has been very resistant to the recent bleed out of alts. Strong hands here.

^this!
unless there is a wider stockmarket crash or some other big external event (which is definitely possible given where the us stockmarket is right now), my instinct says the bubble wont pop this year, it seems like there's still too much room for projects to grow, not just in valuation. There doesnt feel like theres enough pressure yet. i think this year will be critical for practically every coin though, in that its in this year that people are going to be able to start to get an idea as to whether each coin is actually able to do what it says. if there isnt a massive crash this year, i think the chances of there being one in 2019 are huge.

The thing with skycoin is, if its actually successful and delivers on even just its main goals, i think that its going to face significant challenges in the future, especially in terms of conscience. This project is without a doubt the most interesting ive come across because its driven by certain clear moral convictions and attitudes about the current structures in the world, which is what makes it so attractive. But the more successful skycoin is, the more these standpoints are going to be challenged by the pressures for organisational expansion and the management of people that comes as a result of that success. Apple and google have both become corporations that more or less appease governments despite probably starting with equally strong convictions, because of the way the logic of organisational expansion inevitably forms them into a certain, some might say inevitable, shape. When i look at it, it feels like skycoin has the potential to be part of the next wave of globally dominant companies that take over from google and apple, just like they took over from things like microsoft. I guess the question is, is it possible for a company to achieve global success and not succumb to traditional ways of organising? Undermining and potentially creating a complete bypass of the legacy internet is no small thing, so i wonder if theyve thought about what the best posture to take would be when interacting and communicating with the other powerful actors in the world - state/government, industry and the media etc
To increase the price of Skycoin 50 times we need to drive the volume of skycoin trading to 50-times more as it is right now.
Current volume is 213million $
To get 50-times more we need over 10 billion $, that as much as Stellar's trading volume.

Is it possible? Absolutely.
Will that happen this year? I'm not sure about that. I'm always realistic and to achieve 10billion $ you need to create hype and marketing, we're very far from that point at this stage.

Doesn't sound good, right? Not for people who bought Skycoin thinking to flip a quick 10x ROI.
But when you look at it from the point of a person who's in Skycoin still at early beginnings (now) you will most likely achieve massive ROI by accumulating skycoins and holding.
I think the caveat for skycoin to succeed so wildly would be that traditional ISP's and the government don't team up against it. I think the need for a decentralized web should be higher for most people than it is, think back to 2016 when the government was deleting any mention of the Wikileaks blockchain dead drop keys. That was a high profile case as well, I can only imagine all the smaller things that the governor censors and nobody seems to notice. I personally will be supporting skycoin if only as a place to leak sensitive information.