Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Mining profitability - cost and reward?
Is there any rough estimate about the profitability of mining using the Skywire miner?

How much does the "official" pre-assembled miner cost? And what would be the cost if we DIY it?

And is there any info on how the mining reward works?

Thanks for the answer.
I'm so poor... Skycoin donations appreciated Big Grin : 87j64iSia8FccQdV2bXySPtrvjgHJsoeWw

There are estimates about the profitability, but they are nuts and i don't want to post them here. Search the telegram channels if you are concerned about too little ROI.
The offical pre-assembled miner costs 1 BTC. DIY costs are about 500-600$ depending on where you are ordering your parts and how you'll build the construction that'll hold each element in place. Mining rewards are depending on your network connection, i.e. bandwidth, latency etc. No official information about how much you'll get for how much data forwarded etc. you'll need to wait until there is a public statement.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Paperstream for this post:
  • yo_mama
Good answer. I'm in the skywire telegram now.

So the first batch of official hardware is overpriced? 1 BTC @ $8500 current price, that's 14 times more expensive than DIY cost @$600. I guess the testnet mining reward should be set very decent in order for the buyers to not lose money,.
(02-02-2018, 09:52 AM)yo_mama Wrote: Good answer. I'm in the skywire telegram now.

So the first batch of official hardware is overpriced? 1 BTC @ $8500 current price, that's 14 times more expensive than DIY cost @$600. I guess the testnet mining reward should be set very decent in order for the buyers to not lose money,.

the actual cost of the hardware is .05 btc plus you get the remaining balance refunded to you in skycoin at around the market price.