Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Necessary to use OpenWRT Giga Router?
(11-14-2018, 07:54 PM)same1116 Wrote:
(11-14-2018, 07:34 PM)I Am You Wrote:
(11-14-2018, 12:28 PM)same1116 Wrote: Thanks again for your kind response

I don't have a much technical knowledge and I am sorry for asking lots of questions

come main net you will be more bandwidth limited
>> you mean after launching of skycoin main net all profits will be decreased am i correct?

So if you have 1G up and down connection you will still not use even 8 raspberry pi's to their full extent. Unless your renting out more than bandwidth so something like Processing power or maybe even some Decentralised Stoage or something to that effect.
>> you mean my home internet connection? when i checked my net connection i am getting 6 to 8 mbps internet speed so is it ok ?

Any hardware you find here will work just fine https://github.com/skycoin/skywire/blob/...d#hardware
>> If i select a higher model with higher RAM and CPU will this help to get good rewards (compare to low config board) after main net launch? or after main net rewards will be the same even with any card?

yeah, your nodes can only be to a cap of 8 for rewards and that's 1 manager + 7 nodes. You can build as many as you like tho. You could have a 16, 32, 164 or even more nodes. 

>>didnt get this line "cap of 8 for rewards" you mean i can create my miner with 16 Pi cards will get 40+40 is that?

You will only get the rewards in the testnet for 8 tho
>> sorry, i didnt get this point

Thanks again

Feel free to keep asking. If your confused about anything I want to try and explain it in a way you can understand

>> you mean after launching of skycoin main net all profits will be decreased am i correct?
No, The airdrop should continue plus you will be getting rewards for the forwarding of bandwidth.|

>> you mean my home internet connection? when i checked my net connection i am getting 6 to 8 mbps internet speed so is it ok ?
Yes, your rewards will be somewhat bandwidth dependant. Any speed your getting is fine but faster would be better.

>> If i select a higher model with higher RAM and CPU will this help to get good rewards (compare to low config board) after main net launch? or after main net rewards will be the same even with any card?
I cant answer this for sure as no one fully knows just how well this will scale. In theory almost all your nodes will be doing is forwarding traffic but if you start renting out computational power or storage space or something else im not thinking of Specs may be an issue. But for the short time frame a raspberry pi 3 B should do just fine as a midranged spec node.

>>didnt get this line "cap of 8 for rewards" you mean i can create my miner with 16 Pi cards will get 40+40 is that?

No, you can only Whitelist http://skycoin.net/whitelist/ a total of 8 nodes. You can run as many as you like but durning testnet you will only be rewarded for 8

>> sorry, i didnt get this point
Sorry I probably did not explain something. Currently Skycoin is in a Testnet phase. All nodes need to be whitelisted and those that are whitelisted get a monthly reward for reaching 75% uptime or more. Each user is allowed to whitelist a single miner (8 nodes)

Thanks again for your great support

If i select a higher model with higher RAM and CPU will this help to get good rewards (compare to low config board) after main net launch? or after main net rewards will be the same even with any card?
I cant answer this for sure as no one fully knows just how well this will scale. In theory almost all your nodes will be doing is forwarding traffic but if you start renting out computational power or storage space or something else im not thinking of Specs may be an issue. But for the short time frame a raspberry pi 3 B should do just fine as a midranged spec node.
>> I am planning for long-term so what if i go with Orange Pi Prime? i believe with this board i will be safe and effect much even after the launching of main net am i correct? 

No, you can only Whitelist http://skycoin.net/whitelist/ a total of 8 nodes. You can run as many as you like but durning testnet you will only be rewarded for 8
>> you mean each user can only get maximum rewards of 40 even if running 10 miners( 10x8=80 nodes) is that?

>> sorry, i didnt get this point
Sorry I probably did not explain something. Currently Skycoin is in a Testnet phase. All nodes need to be whitelisted and those that are whitelisted get a monthly reward for reaching 75% uptime or more. Each user is allowed to whitelist a single miner (8 nodes)
>> so at this time there is no use of creating more than one miner as i will only be rewarded for one miner (for reaching 75% uptime or more) but after mainnet, i can add more miners and will be rewarded for each am i correct? 

>> I am planning for long-term so what if i go with Orange Pi Prime? i believe with this board i will be safe and effect much even after the launching of main net am i correct?

The prime is slightly better than the pi B+ in terms of spec's but there is not a massive difference.

>> you mean each user can only get maximum rewards of 40 even if running 10 miners( 10x8=80 nodes) is that?
8 pi's is the cut off. 8 nodes

>> so at this time there is no use of creating more than one miner as i will only be rewarded for one miner (for reaching 75% uptime or more) but after mainnet, i can add more miners and will be rewarded for each am i correct?

You will only be offically rewarded for 8. The rest of the payout would be traffic dependant.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to I Am You for this post:
  • same1116
thank you so much for giving your time to clear my all doubts
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to same1116 for this post:
  • I Am You