Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Operating System Question
Does the miner have to be from a particular OS to participate in mining or is there no restriction? If not, would we be able to run the mining software on our Playstations, Set Top Boxes or any device that meets the requirements to mine and would that increase the amount of Coin Hours earned?
Skywire currently runs with the Go language. This means that you are dependent on a OS that supports Go. Go is available for the FreeBSD (release 8-STABLE and above), Linux, Mac OS X (10.8 and above), and Windows operating systems and the 32-bit (386) and 64-bit (amd64) x86 processor architectures.

Playstation 4's run on FreeBSD, so I assume you will be able to run a node on that system. Any other OS as stated above could still be able to run Go but you will have to test that for yourself. See more information at Skywire currently runs with the Go language. This means that you are dependent on a OS that supports Go. See more information at: Go website

If you run more nodes you will probably be able to get more coin hours as a reward. But for now the amount that is rewarded by running a node is unknown. 

Hope I could help you!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to TypicalEagle for this post: