Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Own skyminer rewards
Hi community,
I want to ask, If someone have about this other informations (copy from skywire telegram)

Barr
"For the Skywire miners, we’d like to increase this network incentive reward. However, we’re still working out a mechanism for distinguishing the Skywire miners from other nodes, which could be any machine on the network."
Is there such mechanism? Will different nodes have different kind of reward systems?

Steve[admin]
"only miners bought from us could be considered special in terms of rewards"

Special rewards have only miners bought from Sky? It mean that when we build our own skyminer (via technnical specification sheet), it will have much lower rewards? 
I think its important informations for those, who want build skyminer and contribute community.
Then I am wondering, If our own skyminer will have different rewards than normal notebook, because of this special terms of rewards. I just want about this some more informations (percentage, vision, etc), and Steve[admin] dont reply my messages..
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Liste for this post:
  • sarahconer
(01-03-2018, 07:48 AM)Liste Wrote: Hi community,
I want to ask, If someone have about this other informations (copy from skywire telegram)

Barr
"For the Skywire miners, we’d like to increase this network incentive reward. However, we’re still working out a mechanism for distinguishing the Skywire miners from other nodes, which could be any machine on the network."
Is there such mechanism? Will different nodes have different kind of reward systems?

Steve[admin]

Special rewards have only miners bought from Sky? It mean that when we build our own skyminer (via technnical specification sheet), it will have much lower rewards? 
I think its important informations for those, who want build skyminer and contribute community.
Then I am wondering, If our own skyminer will have different rewards than normal notebook, because of this special terms of rewards. I just want about this some more informations (percentage, vision, etc), and Steve[admin] dont reply my messages..

The first batch of Sky bought miners will be rewarded for helping test the skywire network. Once the network is live, all active miners / nodes will be rewarded
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to skyguy for this post:
  • anselal
In response to the Skywire miner, i believe it mentions that 1btc will be the cost and rebate in the form of 500SKY tokens. When received, is this somehow locked to support the miner network or can it be sold right away?

Also is the skywire miner alone enough to facilitate decentralised internet or do we need the wifi equipment, i saw in the other post an image of a large antenna?

Thanks
(01-04-2018, 06:20 AM)Deebz Wrote: In response to the Skywire miner, i believe it mentions that 1btc will be the cost and rebate in the form of 500SKY tokens. When received, is this somehow locked to support the miner network or can it be sold right away?

Also is the skywire miner alone enough to facilitate decentralised internet or do we need the wifi equipment, i saw in the other post an image of a large antenna?

Thanks

In regards to the 2nd Question, the initial install of Skywire will require the use of piggybacking on ISP's and current cable infrastructure. 2nd Gen miners will have the availability to integrate WIFI antennas, this being the first step in removing the ISP from the skywire network, the greater the adoption of skywire, the quicker this will happen
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to JMoojie for this post:
  • Deebz
(01-03-2018, 01:50 PM)skyguy Wrote:
(01-03-2018, 07:48 AM)Liste Wrote: Hi community,

Barr

Steve[admin]

The first batch of Sky bought miners will be rewarded for helping test the skywire network. Once the network is live, all active miners / nodes will be rewarded

Thank you @skyguy for the clarification. Do we know how long the testing phase will be ? Can't wait to start contributing to the project and earning some Skycoin.
(01-07-2018, 06:07 PM)anselal Wrote: Thank you @skyguy for the clarification. Do we know how long the testing phase will be ? Can't wait to start contributing to the project and earning some Skycoin.

Difficult to say. All the kinks need to be ironed out before we can participate. Hopefully in a few months
How I understood the thing was:
Skyminers get special reward in testnet-phase + reward for traffic

What I would conclude for self-built miners is that they get only (at least) the reward for traffic.

Would be a little bit sad if not, I tried to get an official miner but they are short in supply.
The network is the reward. Stop thinking about coin and money. It's all getting redistributed anyway. Just flesh out the hardware.
(01-08-2018, 01:28 PM)CutiePi Wrote: The network is the reward. Stop thinking about coin and money. It's all getting redistributed anyway. Just flesh out the hardware.

That's nice and all, but mesh nets don't exist yet cause they aren't incentivized. It makes sense for people to have some kickback for putting the work into building an experimental node for a network that is barely used yet.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to rainbowjaw for this post:
  • radarlarry1
Yeah I like spirit of CutiePi and will act accordingly to some degree.

Yet I think the incentive system of BTC was a major invention making it succeed.
It must be a system that allows participation and you only can participate with funds and therefore you need rewards.
It is not just a question of greed, for me it is a question of possibility.

After all, a system for decentralization is a system for the weak, allowing the participants to grow.
As a system of centralization is built to protect it's already powerful creators.