Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Own skyminer rewards
(01-09-2018, 03:02 AM)rainbowjaw Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 01:28 PM)CutiePi Wrote: The network is the reward. Stop thinking about coin and money. It's all getting redistributed anyway. Just flesh out the hardware.

That's nice and all, but mesh nets don't exist yet cause they aren't incentivized. It makes sense for people to have some kickback for putting the work into building an experimental node for a network that is barely used yet.
Agreed, I want to help build and strengthen the network too but from my (admittedly limited) understanding - if you provide bandwidth (as a miner) you will be rewarded with skycoin? Or is it only the original issue i.e. bought mining rigs who can earn skycoin?
It would be strange if the rewards or special awards would only be for the official skymine machines. If there is the honest idea to spread this network it would even be a really bad decision and the price of the official miners is for a lot of people beyond their possibilities.
Why should i build a miner when there is no users for my bandwith and nothing to earn? Why should i try to use the network when there are not enough nodes?
Like a vicious circle.

I love the idea - but sometimes i get some doubts about the whole thing.