Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pine A64 DIY Miner
(11-06-2018, 03:46 PM)skyguy Wrote:
(11-05-2018, 12:58 PM)renereingard Wrote: Hello

Does a Pine A64 DIY Miner need a separate Router (other than from ISP provided).
Our 7 nodes pop-up frequently on the ISP Router's Monitor Screen, yet are never stable visible. Eventhough they can be succesfully pinged on cmd (Windows).

Our issue is also that we never get to the Skywire Monitor by using 127.0.0.1:8000. What ever browser, the message is always something like: .... too many times redirected (translated from German to English).

External router only needed if your Miner's IP range is different to your home network, or you want to separate the two

**Better to separate the two and use a VPN if you plan on being an exit node
Hi,
I have recently completed my miner setup and applied for the whitelisting however concerned that my nodes could be used for illegal purposes. Do you have a guide to best practices and setups to get around this?
(02-14-2019, 08:11 PM)Hrt79 Wrote:
(11-06-2018, 03:46 PM)skyguy Wrote:
(11-05-2018, 12:58 PM)renereingard Wrote: Hello

Does a Pine A64 DIY Miner need a separate Router (other than from ISP provided).
Our 7 nodes pop-up frequently on the ISP Router's Monitor Screen, yet are never stable visible. Eventhough they can be succesfully pinged on cmd (Windows).

Our issue is also that we never get to the Skywire Monitor by using 127.0.0.1:8000. What ever browser, the message is always something like: .... too many times redirected (translated from German to English).

External router only needed if your Miner's IP range is different to your home network, or you want to separate the two

**Better to separate the two and use a VPN if you plan on being an exit node
Hi,
I have recently completed my miner setup and applied for the whitelisting however concerned that my nodes could be used for illegal purposes. Do you have a guide to best practices and setups to get around this?

Hi there. Here is a detailed guide for you -> https://github.com/skycoin/skywire/wiki/...connection
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to skyguy for this post:
  • Hrt79
Hi,
Thanks for providing the link however I found it a little difficult and got various errors. I probably should have mentioned this before but I have basically setup my system with a 2 router configuration where router 2 has the skyminer connected to it and the WAN port of router 2 is connected to a standard ethernet port of router 1 which its own WAN port is then connected to my ISP modem. Would this current arrangement cover me for any potential legal implications or do I need to lock it down more?
(02-16-2019, 11:30 AM)Hrt79 Wrote: Hi,
Thanks for providing the link however I found it a little difficult and got various errors. I probably should have mentioned this before but I have basically setup my system with a 2 router configuration where router 2 has the skyminer connected to it and the WAN port of router 2 is connected to a standard ethernet port of router 1 which its own WAN port is then connected to my ISP modem. Would this current arrangement cover me for any potential legal implications or do I need to lock it down more?

What I did before going the VPN route was point DNS to an invalid address on all my boards. If my range was 192.168.1.0, I made DNS 192.168.10.1. If you want to try this, connect with ssh and edit the interfaces and host files on each board

Code:
vi /etc/network/interfaces

Find the DNS line and change it to dns-nameservers 192.168.10.1

With DNS gone, you need a discovery host address on all the boards so that they can communicate

Code:
vi /etc/hosts

Now add the following host entry

139.162.59.21   discovery.skycoin.net

Reboot and done

**If you manage to do this, I suggest you test connecting to one of your updated nodes with another skywire node (Windows, etc). and see if you are able to browse the internet through the updated node. This obviously won't prevent connecting to internet IPs directly
(12-29-2018, 06:11 AM)skyguy Wrote:
(12-28-2018, 03:36 AM)hodgenhoff Wrote: I just received my clusterboard and would love to use these images!  I'm hoping that the images are still current, but I think I saw somewhere that the Skycoin software has recently been updated?  If update is required, is this something that can be done to these images after installed (ssh to each node to update software) or would these images need to be rebuilt from scratch?

Thanks,
Hodgenhoff

The images have an older version installed but should work fine for whitelisting. I'll post upgrade instructions when I'm back from holiday
Hi,
Just wanted to know if you have the upgrade instructions available for the Pine DIY miners.
Thanks
(04-16-2019, 10:51 AM)Hrt79 Wrote:
(12-29-2018, 06:11 AM)skyguy Wrote:
(12-28-2018, 03:36 AM)hodgenhoff Wrote: I just received my clusterboard and would love to use these images!  I'm hoping that the images are still current, but I think I saw somewhere that the Skycoin software has recently been updated?  If update is required, is this something that can be done to these images after installed (ssh to each node to update software) or would these images need to be rebuilt from scratch?

Thanks,
Hodgenhoff

The images have an older version installed but should work fine for whitelisting. I'll post upgrade instructions when I'm back from holiday
Hi,
Just wanted to know if you have the upgrade instructions available for the Pine DIY miners.
Thanks

Sorry, been very busy lately. Will work on the upgrade script when I get a chance