Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.71 Average
Raspberry Pi Sky Miner Setup for noobs - TESTNET READY
Must we Update if we use this „Noob Guide“

UPGRADE SCRIPT OFFICIAL IMAGES

The upgrade script for the prepared official images is finally ready.
Instructions can be found on GitHub at https://github.com/skycoin/skywire/tree/...pt/upgrade
Do not use the terminal in the web interface to upgrade! Make sure to update your passwords on all boards after performing the upgrade via passwd command.

You do not have to reflash your sd cards and this upgrade is not related to the mainnet.
(11-28-2018, 02:47 PM)iroc Wrote: Must we Update if we use this „Noob Guide“

UPGRADE SCRIPT OFFICIAL IMAGES

The upgrade script for the prepared official images is finally ready.
Instructions can be found on GitHub at https://github.com/skycoin/skywire/tree/...pt/upgrade
Do not use the terminal in the web interface to upgrade! Make sure to update your passwords on all boards after performing the upgrade via passwd command.

You do not have to reflash your sd cards and this upgrade is not related to the mainnet.

nope this guide will just pull the latest image

(11-25-2018, 10:23 AM)Fuzzy75 Wrote: Hi the following is happening WTF am I doing wrong? Yes I am very very green at this

SSH is enabled and the default password for the 'pi' user has not been changed.
This is a security risk - please login as the 'pi' user and type 'passwd' to set a new password.

Wi-Fi is disabled because the country is not set.
Use raspi-config to set the country before use.

root@raspberrypi:~# cd ~
root@raspberrypi:~# mkdir -p $HOME/go/{bin,pkg,src}
root@raspberrypi:~# ls
go  go1.10.3.linux-armv6l.tar.gz
root@raspberrypi:~# mkdir -p $GOPATH/src/github.com/skycoin
root@raspberrypi:~# cd $GOPATH/src/github.com/skycoin
root@raspberrypi:~/go/src/github.com/skycoin# git clone https://github.com/skycoin/skywire.git
-bash: git: command not found
root@raspberrypi:~/go/src/github.com/skycoin#

I think those 3 folders bin pkg and src are not there perhaps? installed wrong???
Code:
sudo apt install git

then try again
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to I Am You for this post:
  • Fuzzy75
@I Am You Hi thanks for reply..this worked..Thankyou
I have one node running now and just recently bought another raspberry pi to add to my miner... I have one manager/node.. just wondering how I add the other pi as a node to my existing manager/node?
Cheers.. I currently am using a Mac OS
(12-02-2018, 12:03 AM)Fuzzy75 Wrote: @I Am You Hi thanks for reply..this worked..Thankyou
I have one node running now and just recently bought another raspberry pi to add to my miner... I have one manager/node.. just wondering how I add the other pi as a node to my existing manager/node?
Cheers.. I currently am using a Mac OS

Yeah its no problem just do this on each other node and replace MANAGERIP with the IP address of your manager node
Code:
cd $GOPATH/bin
nohup ./node -connect-manager -manager-address MANAGERIP:5998 -manager-web MANAGERIP:8000 -discovery-address discovery.skycoin.net:5999-034b1cd4ebad163e457fb805b3ba43779958bba49f2c5e1e8b062482904bacdb68  -address :5000 -web-port :6001 > /dev/null 2>&1 &cd /

so for me it would look like
Code:
cd $GOPATH/bin
nohup ./node -connect-manager -manager-address 192.168.0.101:5998 -manager-web 192.168.0.101:8000 -discovery-address discovery.skycoin.net:5999-034b1cd4ebad163e457fb805b3ba43779958bba49f2c5e1e8b062482904bacdb68  -address :5000 -web-port :6001 > /dev/null 2>&1 &cd /
Thanks... just wondering do I log into my pi and put this code in the root setting... i.e.. sudo -i then put in the above code with the only changes being my mangers IP address?
Hi.

..i d like to keep the validated public key...

Q: If i can only access microSD card, how can i backup and transfer my public key to another card (moving 16 to 32gb), it is a master node.

tnx B.
(12-04-2018, 09:07 PM)BKlun Wrote: Hi.

..i d like to keep the validated public key...

Q: If i can only access microSD card, how can i backup and transfer my public key to another card (moving 16 to 32gb), it is a master node.

tnx B.

There is a guide on the wiki for the backing up of public keys

https://github.com/skycoin/skywire/wiki/...blic-keys)
Got my pis running thanks op for the detailed guide.