Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.71 Average
Raspberry Pi Sky Miner Setup for noobs - TESTNET READY
(04-02-2018, 04:36 PM)Mazoku Wrote: Great guide, thank you sir. Do you know if it's possible to use more than 8 Rpi's at the moment? or is that a coming ability in configurations?

Also, can you have multiple rigs from one router?

Yes Synth has said numerous times that he envisions there being miners with up to 256 nodes (and likely more). For the testnet however, there's doubts whether more than 8 nodes serves any purpose as until the mesh back haul is in place (and we're all getting 10Gbs speeds), you are essentially limited by your home bandwidth. 

Yes, you can set up multiple rigs with 1 router. Skywire only sees your nodes, not how many rigs you have. So if you have 4 rigs with 8 pi's each, this is the same as 1 rig with 32 nodes.
Phenomenal Guide!  Thank you for that.

My question is... Where/how do you set up a wallet address for mining payouts?  Or am i missing something?  I understand we are on the Testnet, so does that not apply?
(04-10-2018, 06:08 PM)**GILL** Wrote: Phenomenal Guide!  Thank you for that.

My question is... Where/how do you set up a wallet address for mining payouts?  Or am i missing something?  I understand we are on the Testnet, so does that not apply?

Payment details are yet to be finalized but there is a keys.json file once you setup and run Skywire on each node for the first time and it includes your public node key as well as the Seed for a skycoin wallet that's associated with that board.

The location of the file on Linux is ~/.skywire/node/keys.json
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to windrip for this post:
  • Lancek
How do you shut down the nodes individually via code in terminal?
how do I set-up auto start on each node? ...Currently I need to start each node manually after restart.  Rolleyes
(04-15-2018, 10:05 PM)bulva Wrote: how do I set-up auto start on each node? ...Currently I need to start each node manually after restart.  Rolleyes

See here -> https://skywug.net/forum/Thread-Auto-Con...es-at-Boot
Hello,

I'm new to this Raspberry pi computers but for some time I've been thinking about buying one to tinker about with it, build some stuff...but skywire looks like a great project to start. I know a bit about skycoin as I've translated some skycoin articles for the webpage and found this amazing.
I want to ask if I could use just one Raspberry pi board to connect to the network. If possible, is it worth it for making or at least helping the network? How many coins can you guys earn with your full sky miners?
(04-27-2018, 01:21 PM)serggioc Wrote: Hello,

I'm new to this Raspberry pi computers but for some time I've been thinking about buying one to tinker about with it, build some stuff...but skywire looks like a great project to start. I know a bit about skycoin as I've translated some skycoin articles for the webpage and found this amazing.
I want to ask if I could use just one Raspberry pi board to connect to the network. If possible, is it worth it for making or at least helping the network? How many coins can you guys earn with your full sky miners?

No one knows the true answers except the dev team. As of right now you can make a single node with a RPi 3 B+ if you want and it should help the network expand but we really don't know how anything will truly play out until we're live.
(02-24-2018, 12:47 PM)adhaelon Wrote: Here's how to set up Skywire on a cluster of Raspberry Pi 3's. Huge thanks to BigOokie whose guide I relied on heavily.

Equipment
  • 1 x 10 port USB Power Supply. There's a difference between a 'usb hub' and 'power supply'. EDIT: While the Raspberry Pi documentation recommends a power supply of 2.5A, there will be no peripherals connected and as such we only need around 1.3A. The Anker unit supplies 12A total, or 1.5A per Rpi. The alternative is to setup a dedicated PSU (Power Supply Unit) similar to the official SkyMiner.
Hi adhaelon, thank you for the awesome setup. I am a complete newbie to this and I'm really glad that I found something like this. I read somewhere that you were in Australia and was wondering if you could help.

I'm trying to do the exact same build but I wasn't able to find a 10 port 12A power supply available in Australia. Do you mind if I ask where you found one with those specs? At this current rate, I might just roll back to a 6 port power supply and just build a miner with 6 in the meantime.
(05-02-2018, 12:26 PM)WhyWeSmurfing Wrote:
(02-24-2018, 12:47 PM)adhaelon Wrote: Here's how to set up Skywire on a cluster of Raspberry Pi 3's. Huge thanks to BigOokie whose guide I relied on heavily.

Equipment
  • 1 x 10 port USB Power Supply. There's a difference between a 'usb hub' and 'power supply'. EDIT: While the Raspberry Pi documentation recommends a power supply of 2.5A, there will be no peripherals connected and as such we only need around 1.3A. The Anker unit supplies 12A total, or 1.5A per Rpi. The alternative is to setup a dedicated PSU (Power Supply Unit) similar to the official SkyMiner.
Hi adhaelon, thank you for the awesome setup. I am a complete newbie to this and I'm really glad that I found something like this. I read somewhere that you were in Australia and was wondering if you could help.

I'm trying to do the exact same build but I wasn't able to find a 10 port 12A power supply available in Australia. Do you mind if I ask where you found one with those specs? At this current rate, I might just roll back to a 6 port power supply and just build a miner with 6 in the meantime.

I got most of it from Amazon US. Even with the higher shipping fees it often works out cheaper than buying locally. Especially because you can get everything in one delivery as opposed to locally buying 10 things from 10 different shops.

Here’s a local 10 port USB power supply: https://www.macfixit.com.au/anker-powerp...ing-black/