Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.71 Average
Raspberry Pi Sky Miner Setup for noobs - TESTNET READY
(06-17-2018, 11:46 PM)che3zeman Wrote: Is it safe to turn off the computer once the configuration is complete? All the nodes are online, I do not know if shutting off my PC will affect the raspberrys pis or not.

As long as your not using your PC's USB ports to power your Pi's yes you can shut it down.
Excuse my lack of knowledge here, Is this basically instructions to build a homemade Skyminer?
(06-20-2018, 06:49 AM)billyteeee Wrote: Excuse my lack of knowledge here, Is this basically instructions to build a homemade Skyminer?

Yes.
anyone use
Official guide for secure exit node traffic via openVPN

for this rpi skyminer setup?
The guide explicitly says it's only been tested for the official images.
Wondering if anything changes with adhaelon's images
(05-17-2018, 04:07 AM)jackazlin Wrote:
(04-11-2018, 06:46 AM)windrip Wrote:
(04-10-2018, 06:08 PM)**GILL** Wrote: Phenomenal Guide!  Thank you for that.

My question is... Where/how do you set up a wallet address for mining payouts?  Or am i missing something?  I understand we are on the Testnet, so does that not apply?

Payment details are yet to be finalized but there is a keys.json file once you setup and run Skywire on each node for the first time and it includes your public node key as well as the Seed for a skycoin wallet that's associated with that board.

The location of the file on Linux is ~/.skywire/node/keys.json

I've been in the IT in and Networking industry for years and feel like such a fucken noob for asking this because I rarely play with linux other than some old Asterisk phone systems, but how do i access that file?  Heart

I'm really sorry if this has been asked and answered but I've looked everywhere and can find nothing. Pine64s and development boards come in today and I am going to stay up all night diving head first into this project lol. I split 14 boards with a buddy and we will be running them out of my house bc he has no internet access in the country. Was hoping to be able to split the payout between 2 existing wallets (mine and his) that we are each hodling coin in currently. I assume the "keys.json" file is the credentials for a wallet the skyminer install creates for you and then gives you access to for your payouts. But my question is, can you modify that .json file or different file (or upload a new one) to have payout deposited directly to an existing wallet? Is it that easy or is there more to it? Once again, sorry if this has been asked and answered and if it has and you know the thread, please send me a link to the thread!! Love the forum and first time posting.
(06-25-2018, 08:38 PM)ashtono7 Wrote:
(05-17-2018, 04:07 AM)jackazlin Wrote:
(04-11-2018, 06:46 AM)windrip Wrote:
(04-10-2018, 06:08 PM)**GILL** Wrote: Phenomenal Guide!  Thank you for that.

My question is... Where/how do you set up a wallet address for mining payouts?  Or am i missing something?  I understand we are on the Testnet, so does that not apply?

Payment details are yet to be finalized but there is a keys.json file once you setup and run Skywire on each node for the first time and it includes your public node key as well as the Seed for a skycoin wallet that's associated with that board.

The location of the file on Linux is ~/.skywire/node/keys.json

I've been in the IT in and Networking industry for years and feel like such a fucken noob for asking this because I rarely play with linux other than some old Asterisk phone systems, but how do i access that file?  Heart

I'm really sorry if this has been asked and answered but I've looked everywhere and can find nothing. Pine64s and development boards come in today and I am going to stay up all night diving head first into this project lol. I split 14 boards with a buddy and we will be running them out of my house bc he has no internet access in the country. Was hoping to be able to split the payout between 2 existing wallets (mine and his) that we are each hodling coin in currently. I assume the "keys.json" file is the credentials for a wallet the skyminer install creates for you and then gives you access to for your payouts. But my question is, can you modify that .json file or different file (or upload a new one) to have payout deposited directly to an existing wallet? Is it that easy or is there more to it? Once again, sorry if this has been asked and answered and if it has and you know the thread, please send me a link to the thread!! Love the forum and first time posting.

Split the nodes into two skywire miners (make 2 managers)
Fill out the whitelist https://skycoin.net/whitelist twice and link 1 to his wallet and another to your own. Eventually the payments will be made to individual nodes and you will have to change up then, but for now thats it.

It is recommended that you back up your Keys.json file to be able to bring back up any nodes if they need a reinstall/a device dies and you can keep your uptime for that node address
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to I Am You for this post:
  • ashtono7
Do we need to use a wired internet connection for all the Pi's?
I believe raspberry pi 3 b+ has wifi capabilities which would spare us all the cables and the switch.
Great guide btw.
Manage dot setup 6 nodes (one manager and one secondary).
Today, I tried to add a 7th node, but it does not work.
When I start the secondary node, nothing happens.
I checked with "ps ax". On a working node, I see the node-process running. On the non-working node, I get the following:
[1]+ Exit 1 nohup ./node -connect-manager -manager-address 192.168.1.10:5998 -manager-web 192.168.1.10:8000 -discovery-address discovery.skycoin.net:5999-034b1cd4ebad163e457fb805b3ba43779958bba49f2c5e1e8b062482904bacdb68 -address :5000 -web-port :6001 > /dev/null 2>&1

This [1]+ Exit 1 is different.
Can anyone point to where something went wrong?
(07-02-2018, 08:10 PM)bbgr Wrote: Manage dot setup 6 nodes (one manager and one secondary).
Today, I tried to add a 7th node, but it does not work.
When I start the secondary node, nothing happens.
I checked with "ps ax". On a working node, I see the node-process running. On the non-working node, I get the following:
[1]+  Exit 1                  nohup ./node -connect-manager -manager-address 192.168.1.10:5998 -manager-web 192.168.1.10:8000 -discovery-address discovery.skycoin.net:5999-034b1cd4ebad163e457fb805b3ba43779958bba49f2c5e1e8b062482904bacdb68 -address :5000 -web-port :6001 > /dev/null 2>&1

This [1]+ Exit 1 is different.
Can anyone point to where something went wrong?

are you tryinf to start the skywire process from the wrong working directory?

Are you using the premade image or are you building it yourself?
(06-19-2018, 02:18 PM)I Am You Wrote:
(06-17-2018, 11:46 PM)che3zeman Wrote: Is it safe to turn off the computer once the configuration is complete? All the nodes are online, I do not know if shutting off my PC will affect the raspberrys pis or not.

As long as your not using your PC's USB ports to power your Pi's yes you can shut it down.

Everytime I shut down my pc or exit putty my node goes offline.