Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Raspberry Pi Sky Miner Setup for noobs - TESTNET READY
(07-02-2018, 08:10 PM)bbgr Wrote: Manage dot setup 6 nodes (one manager and one secondary).
Today, I tried to add a 7th node, but it does not work.
When I start the secondary node, nothing happens.
I checked with "ps ax". On a working node, I see the node-process running. On the non-working node, I get the following:
[1]+  Exit 1                  nohup ./node -connect-manager -manager-address 192.168.1.10:5998 -manager-web 192.168.1.10:8000 -discovery-address discovery.skycoin.net:5999-034b1cd4ebad163e457fb805b3ba43779958bba49f2c5e1e8b062482904bacdb68 -address :5000 -web-port :6001 > /dev/null 2>&1

This [1]+ Exit 1 is different.
Can anyone point to where something went wrong?

are you tryinf to start the skywire process from the wrong working directory?

Are you using the premade image or are you building it yourself?
(06-19-2018, 02:18 PM)I Am You Wrote:
(06-17-2018, 11:46 PM)che3zeman Wrote: Is it safe to turn off the computer once the configuration is complete? All the nodes are online, I do not know if shutting off my PC will affect the raspberrys pis or not.

As long as your not using your PC's USB ports to power your Pi's yes you can shut it down.

Everytime I shut down my pc or exit putty my node goes offline.
(07-09-2018, 05:59 AM)tonysoprano Wrote:
(06-17-2018, 11:46 PM)che3zeman Wrote: Is it safe to turn off the computer once the configuration is complete? All the nodes are online, I do not know if shutting off my PC will affect the raspberrys pis or not.

As long as your not using your PC's USB ports to power your Pi's yes you can shut it down.

That should not be possible. Can you walk me through your physical connection to your nodes?

i.e.
Power goes from the Wall Socket > USB Power Supply > Nodes,
Network goes from my Router > switch > nodes.
(07-10-2018, 03:30 PM)I Am You Wrote:
(07-09-2018, 05:59 AM)tonysoprano Wrote:

That should not be possible. Can you walk me through your physical connection to your nodes?

i.e.
Power goes from the Wall Socket > USB Power Supply > Nodes,
Network goes from my Router > switch > nodes.
Take that all back. Got it all up and ready to go. Thank you to this thread and all who replied.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to tonysoprano for this post:
  • I Am You
While it's not mentioned on this guide the use of VPNs for the nodes, I think it should be very much recommended that people use them.
Hi...i am a new user here. As per my suggestion if your Orange Pi doesn't light up after flashing the image and powering it on, something is wrong with copy. After flashing the sd cards, windows should prompt you to format them. Ignore the warning, right click on the usb icon and safely eject them. Now insert them into the Orange Pis and apply power.The Pis cannot be powered via the USB port. You have to connect the power jack.
(Yesterday, 04:32 PM)TuckFen Wrote: Hi...i am a new user here. As per my suggestion if your Orange Pi doesn't light up after flashing the image and powering it on, something is wrong with copy. After flashing the sd cards, windows should prompt you to format them. Ignore the warning, right click on the usb icon and safely eject them. Now insert them into the Orange Pis and apply power.The Pis cannot be powered via the USB port. You have to connect the power jack.

This Guide is for Raspberry Pi's