Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.71 Average
Raspberry Pi Sky Miner Setup for noobs - TESTNET READY
(08-18-2018, 12:17 PM)skyguy Wrote:
(08-18-2018, 10:12 AM)h.v.zadelhoff Wrote:
(08-14-2018, 05:12 PM)skyguy Wrote:
(08-14-2018, 01:03 PM)timstampa Wrote: I have a question about the autostart scripts.  How does one implement them in a custom built raspberry pi sky miner image?  I have downloaded the rpi-skywire.img file which you provided on this post but when I try to write it to my 16GB sdcard it fails saying the sdcard is too small.  Now the next best thing is to rebuild the image from scratch myself and add the autostart scripts by hand.

Use the attached scripts to autostart your monitor and nodes. The scripts in the "Monitor" folder are for your monitor node. The scripts in the "Node" folder are for nodes 1-7. In the skywire-start script, update the monitor IP from 192.168.0.102 to the IP of your monitor (192.168.0.2, etc)

Instructions

(1) As the root user, copy skywire-start to /usr/local/sbin directory
(2) Edit skywire-start and replace [your home folder] with the folder name where you installed go, i.e. /root, /home/david, etc.
(3) Copy skywire.service to /etc/systemd/system
(4) Edit skywire.service and replace [your user account name] and [your group] with your username and group, i.ee root, david, etc
(5) Enable the skywire service by typing the following command as root

Code:
Code:
systemctl enable skywire.service

**Once the service has been enabled, skywire will automatically launch (start) at system boot

To test, manually start the skywire service by running the following command

Code:
Code:
systemctl start skywire

Now navigate to http://server_ip:8000 and you should see the skywire login page

To stop or restart the skywire service, run the following commands. Prefix sudo if you running them from your user account

Stop
Code:
Code:
systemctl stop skywire

Restart
Code:
Code:
systemctl restart skywire

Repeat this on all the other nodes

How do i copy this in putty?
I dont know how to copy the files to my card.

Henk

You need to ftp them to your Pi or edit them on your desktop and copy the content to the same file names using vi (visual editor)

i.e. 

Code:
cd /usr/local/sbin
vi skywire-start
i (for insert)
right mouse click to paste content from clipboard
escape escape
wq! (write & quit)

Thanks, I will try it.

Henk
(08-18-2018, 12:26 PM)h.v.zadelhoff Wrote:
(08-18-2018, 12:17 PM)skyguy Wrote:
(08-18-2018, 10:12 AM)h.v.zadelhoff Wrote:
(08-14-2018, 05:12 PM)skyguy Wrote:
(08-14-2018, 01:03 PM)timstampa Wrote: I have a question about the autostart scripts.  How does one implement them in a custom built raspberry pi sky miner image?  I have downloaded the rpi-skywire.img file which you provided on this post but when I try to write it to my 16GB sdcard it fails saying the sdcard is too small.  Now the next best thing is to rebuild the image from scratch myself and add the autostart scripts by hand.

Use the attached scripts to autostart your monitor and nodes. The scripts in the "Monitor" folder are for your monitor node. The scripts in the "Node" folder are for nodes 1-7. In the skywire-start script, update the monitor IP from 192.168.0.102 to the IP of your monitor (192.168.0.2, etc)

Instructions

(1) As the root user, copy skywire-start to /usr/local/sbin directory
(2) Edit skywire-start and replace [your home folder] with the folder name where you installed go, i.e. /root, /home/david, etc.
(3) Copy skywire.service to /etc/systemd/system
(4) Edit skywire.service and replace [your user account name] and [your group] with your username and group, i.ee root, david, etc
(5) Enable the skywire service by typing the following command as root

Code:
Code:
systemctl enable skywire.service

**Once the service has been enabled, skywire will automatically launch (start) at system boot

To test, manually start the skywire service by running the following command

Code:
Code:
systemctl start skywire

Now navigate to http://server_ip:8000 and you should see the skywire login page

To stop or restart the skywire service, run the following commands. Prefix sudo if you running them from your user account

Stop
Code:
Code:
systemctl stop skywire

Restart
Code:
Code:
systemctl restart skywire

Repeat this on all the other nodes

How do i copy this in putty?
I dont know how to copy the files to my card.

Henk

You need to ftp them to your Pi or edit them on your desktop and copy the content to the same file names using vi (visual editor)

i.e. 

Code:
cd /usr/local/sbin
vi skywire-start
i (for insert)
right mouse click to paste content from clipboard
escape escape
wq! (write & quit)

Thanks, I will try it.

Henk

I can now copy and paste, thanks.
But what to fill in?
 Edit skywire.service and replace [your user account name] and [your group] with your username and group, i.ee root, david, etc
I guess by useraccount pi but what by your group?
Can you give an example?

Henk  Confused
(08-19-2018, 08:06 AM)h.v.zadelhoff Wrote: I can now copy and paste, thanks.
But what to fill in?
 Edit skywire.service and replace [your user account name] and [your group] with your username and group, i.ee root, david, etc
I guess by useraccount pi but what by your group?
Can you give an example?

Henk  Confused

Type the following from the shell prompt to show your group. Typing "groups" also works

Code:
id -Gn [your username]
This guide, and K from Telegram helped me get my miner set up months ago.

Thanks for all of the help!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to CryptoLifeCrisis for this post:
  • I Am You
Thanks alot, took some time but I'm up and running, GREAT!
Hi guys! Thanks for instructions, today setup first SKY node on RPI 3+!
Hi There
I used your guide to set up a node for a friend. I am now several thousand miles away and I find one of the nodes is not running properly. all the rest are 99.9 to 100% uptime. that problem node is only on 2.8% uptime.

I can get teamviewer access to the network.

any suggestions for how I can fix the wayward node ?
(10-16-2018, 03:44 PM)Lancek Wrote: Hi There
I used your guide to set up a node for a friend. I am now several thousand miles away and I find one of the nodes is not running properly. all the rest are 99.9 to 100% uptime. that problem node is only on 2.8% uptime.

I can get teamviewer access to the network.

any suggestions for how I can fix the wayward node ?

sometimes you can end up with a double running of the skywire process.

you can find this out by typeing

Code:
ps aux | grep node

your output should look something like this

Code:
pi@Pi6:~ $ ps aux | grep node
pi         797  0.0  0.6 943904  6584 ?        Sl   Oct13   0:39 ./node -connect-manager -manager-address 192.168.0.101:5998 -manager-web 192.168.0.101:8000 -discovery-address discovery.skycoin.net:5999-034b1cd4ebad163e457fb805b3ba43779958bba49f2c5e1e8b062482904bacdb68 -address :5000 -web-port :6001
pi         809  0.0  0.6 883328  5820 ?        Sl   Oct13   0:03 /home/pi/go/bin/sockss -node-address :5000
pi       27656  0.0  0.0   4372   576 pts/0    S+   17:15   0:00 grep --color=auto node

If its running multiple versions of the ./node -connect-manager.... one you can kill them with the command

Code:
kill processID ( ID's are the 797/809 ones in the above code section)

If your node is appearing online like normal now that's good. BUT if you reboot it may do this again. If thats the case I recommend doing a rebuild on that particular node and see if that fixes the issue. You can back up the node key via this method https://github.com/skycoin/skywire/wiki/...blic-keys)

If that does not work you may need to do the manual install. Keep me posted on how its going
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to I Am You for this post:
  • Lancek
Thank you for the reply. I’ll give it a try tomorrow. And let you know.

Tks man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Lancek for this post:
  • I Am You