Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Safety of the miner
I raised this question on telegram:

Quote:how can I understand better the safety running a miner if peoples on the network do deepweb shits? So i will receive and redirect data packets with crazy things and also there is around 128 GB of storage on my miner. How can i have peace of mind of that?

the Steve answer is

Quote:-if you dont run an exit node to the open internet it wont matter
-you can run relay nodes if youre worried about it, or proxy specific content

now, i am looking for what this mean,because i dont have knowledge of this. If there is somebody who can explain more detailed is welcomed.

I think this is a concerning situation for all people who want to mine with peace of mind.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Mihai for this post:
  • djskinner
Great questions, hoping someone in the know can elaborate...
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cryptokido for this post:
  • Taner
i'm curious as well if my mac will be safe
I understand that there are specific mining hardwares designed to handle the mining process.
Yes the dedicated hardware is being despatched shortly but the question relates more to the issue of Skywire users accessing illegal content and that traffic passing through your node/equipment.
I'm guessing there will be help to get with this kind of stuff as setting up relay nodes and such, as the project moves further on, but these are indeed interesting questions.

Am I totally wrong if the dedicated skywire miners won't actually store files, and rather just forward packets?
Well, they got a lot of storage. This plus the facts that are described in this Whitepaper (https://blog.skycoin.net/statement/skywi...-internet/) would mean that data is stored.

[Image: 2017_12_30_13_55_45_Sky_Miner_Spezifikationen.jpg]
(01-08-2018, 09:49 PM)sigre Wrote: I'm guessing there will be help to get with this kind of stuff as setting up relay nodes and such, as the project moves further on, but these are indeed interesting questions.

Am I totally wrong if the dedicated skywire miners won't actually store files, and rather just forward packets?

even just forwarding the packets, will be that safe? how?
This is a concern I have too - it seems to be an issue with all the new decentralised VPNs popping up as part of the new token economy.

If I am running a VPN exit node through my ISP then my ISP can see all the traffic I'm forwarding which could be illegal or unsavoury material and hence potential criminal implications for me because as far as the ISP is concerned I've been accessing these materials.

Perhaps there is a technical solution? If not it seems like a fairly big limiting factor on who could provide exit nodes.