Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skycoin: The Most Ambitious Crypto Project
Thank you Footballelixir!  Thumbsup Cool

https://footballelixir.com/skycoin/
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to skyguy for this post:
  • Footballelixir
Hey Skyguy, glad you like it! Thank you for creating Skywug, it adds a lot of value to the Skycoin project Cool
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Footballelixir for this post:
  • skyguy
(01-26-2018, 01:54 AM)Footballelixir Wrote: Hey Skyguy, glad you like it! Thank you for creating Skywug, it adds a lot of value to the Skycoin project Cool
Thanks Elixir, would you consider adding relevant, usefull inputs/comments from the reader community?
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Docukno for this post:
  • Footballelixir
Hey Docukno,

yes, I would love to receive feedback on my articles! :-) I just did not add a comment section on the site because since the first of January, German law requires website administrators to delete "obvious illegitimate comments" within 24 hours or otherwise you could have to pay a fine and that was too stressful for me :-D I also was not keen on dealing with user registrations ("Hey I forgot my password", "Hey can you give me the permission to do/see XY", "Hey can you delete the comment of user XY"). But I tweet about every article I am publishing and I link these tweets in the header section of every article (under the twitter icon), so you could comment on Twitter (or in this thread, if it is about the Skycoin article). My twitter name is @footballelixir.

An article on a cryptocurrency was somehow an experiment for me, since I am usually posting about advanced football statistics. However, it seems as if there is a need for articles that summarize the scope of crypto projects (or their news in general), since the information on projects is as decentralized as the technology ;-) You have different information distributed on blog posts, telegram, forums, twitter, mails and probably other channels. So I just thought about a monthly news article on Skycoin, which could be frequently updated, but I have to think a little more about the realization of these news articles.

So go ahead, tell me what you like, what you would improve ;-)
(01-28-2018, 08:45 PM)Footballelixir Wrote: Hey Docukno,

yes, I would love to receive feedback on my articles! :-) I just did not add a comment section on the site because since the first of January, German law requires website administrators to delete "obvious illegitimate comments" within 24 hours or otherwise you could have to pay a fine and that was too stressful for me :-D I also was not keen on dealing with user registrations ("Hey I forgot my password", "Hey can you give me the permission to do/see XY", "Hey can you delete the comment of user XY"). But I tweet about every article I am publishing and I link these tweets in the header section of every article (under the twitter icon), so you could comment on Twitter (or in this thread, if it is about the Skycoin article). My twitter name is @footballelixir.

An article on a cryptocurrency was somehow an experiment for me, since I am usually posting about advanced football statistics. However, it seems as if there is a need for articles that summarize the scope of crypto projects (or their news in general), since the information on projects is as decentralized as the technology ;-) You have different information distributed on blog posts, telegram, forums, twitter, mails and probably other channels. So I just thought about a monthly news article on Skycoin, which could be frequently updated, but I have to think a little more about the realization of these news articles.

So go ahead, tell me what you like, what you would improve ;-)
lol! I was actually looking for a 'yes' or 'No'!

Inputs/comments regarding the 'technical' content of the article you wrote, e.g. in your first diagram showing the transaction times, why not put the name Sky right at the bottom next to the shortest bar and Bitcoin on top next to the longest bar: the human being has been conditioned to interpret long bars with lenghty periods of time vs short bars being the shortest time! I think that would make the diagram more 'readable'?? and convey the intended message better? But I maybe the exception! 

Does that explain the nature of 'comments' or feedback? (I abhor sn**ty Telegram-like 'fooling around' feedback/messages/posts!).
(01-28-2018, 08:45 PM)Footballelixir Wrote: I just did not add a comment section on the site because since the first of January, German law requires website administrators to delete "obvious illegitimate comments" within 24 hours or otherwise you could have to pay a fine and that was too stressful for me :-D 

Wow...