Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skywire/Skycoin in Africa?
(I will put this to Synth on Telegram as well). 
1. I read somewhere that a Skywire mesh will be deployed/set up somewhere (?) in Africa (Kenya?). Anyone with more up to date info? 
2. I saw one or two illustration(s) of a concept high frequency RF antenna which is supposed to be in development (supposedly for Skywire?). More info from anybody?
Note: It would be nice to know that any forthcoming information be factual and not mere hearsay!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Docukno for this post:
  • skyguy
(01-10-2018, 04:43 AM)Docukno Wrote: (I will put this to Synth on Telegram as well). 
1. I read somewhere that a Skywire mesh will be deployed/set up somewhere (?) in Africa (Kenya?). Anyone with more up to date info? 
2. I saw one or two illustration(s) of a concept high frequency RF antenna which is supposed to be in development (supposedly for Skywire?). More info from anybody?
Note: It would be nice to know that any forthcoming information be factual and not mere hearsay!

All the answers given by Synth on Telegram. I must say I was pleasantly surprised! And all good news to my ears! Please take a look at Synth's answers on Tele
can you paste them here
Synth:
We are going to do a press release. We have 3 different designs in development for the antenna.

We are working on getting the software for testnet done, then will do the first hardware meshnet a few months after the sofware works for the testnet.

full copy: search Africa in telegram group
Thanks Robin for the very last line in your reply: ".....search Africa in Telegram group".
To everybody else: Synth gave a VERY comprehensive answer(s), which will probably fill 2 pages of written text plus maps and other pics/.jpg(s), etc, etc.
If you don't find Africa and all the replies from Synth, search for my name: docuknow, I'm sure you will find it, my name appears once or thrice...only!

Sorry, my name is 'docukno' (without the 'w'!).
Note: The full answers Synth gave are actually the sort of stuff that should be sent out to the rest of the World...as part of the Sky marketing effort.....then we'll see Skycoin going to Pluto!
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Docukno for this post:
  • FreeJust, skyguy
Correction (again): Lol! I use a different name on Telegram, it is 'jd u'.
So try to find 'jd u' on the 10th of Jan.
The message starts like this:
"Synth: Long time since I spoke to you! Care to give me (us) some answers (thoughts) (factual!) on the following (I posted this on Skywug as well, with a note that I'll put it to you as well!)........."
You can follow the discussion from thereon (with maps and all else).