Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skywire Subsea Connections???
I am curious as to the plans to connect each mesh network to each other on individual islands & continents, say Hawaii, Ireland, Australia ect to the rest.

Will existing sub-sea cabling be used, and "rented" from the current owners.

I see this being a large barrier in the network side of Skywire, and holding it back to on being "decentralized" and not "distributed"  and thus being susceptible to the demands of these "Owners"

[Image: Distribted.jpg]
(01-05-2018, 12:22 AM)JMoojie Wrote: I am curious as to the plans to connect each mesh network to each other on individual islands & continents, say Hawaii, Ireland, Australia ect to the rest.

I see this being a large barrier in the network side of Skywire, and holding it back to on being "decentralized" and not "distributed"  and thus being susceptible to the demands of these "Owners"

I imagine the bigger skywire nodes will share their fiber connections to start. I also read somewhere that low orbit low latency sky satellites will be an option as the network grows
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to skyguy for this post:
  • JMoojie
The reality is that there is strong competion between fiber owners between the major hubs, internationally, and they don’t care who is using it, it’s a volume game, as I understand it. They all have extra capacity to sell.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Bruce for this post:
  • JMoojie
(01-05-2018, 05:01 AM)skyguy Wrote:
(01-05-2018, 12:22 AM)JMoojie Wrote: I am curious as to the plans to connect each mesh network to each other on individual islands & continents, say Hawaii, Ireland, Australia ect to the rest.

I imagine the bigger skywire nodes will share their fiber connections to start. I also read somewhere that low orbit low latency sky satellites will be an option as the network grows

I can't find any info about potentially having satellites but I have also heard the rumor elsewhere before too. Do you know if there are any concrete plans? I think it would be a fantastic idea.

Would there be any other way to be FULLY non-reliant on the ISP's? Or is it the plan of Skywire to create its own bandwidth somehow and mainly use the current backbone of copper and fiber used by current ISP's.

Apologies for my illiteracy on the subject - not at all close to my field of expertise.
Who would pay to use these undersea cables? Is it feasible that people / communities running these skywire nodes earn enough SkyCoin to agree contracts?