Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skywire miner order updates
(01-11-2018, 08:12 PM)SkyVinnie Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 12:00 PM)Bakez Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 10:32 AM)Frog Wrote:
(01-10-2018, 09:52 PM)Bakez Wrote: Only 350 replied to the email

So maybe if you signed up before the latest pump you could be in the first 300.

Hello Bakez, 
Yes, I noticed that so I am optimistic.
It would be nice if there was more transparency by the the team.

I agree

I don't quite understand why the focus on these 8x OrangePIs instead of just using a few of these as an example and providing design details so people can DIY them. Yes they will end up with loads of different hardware designs but I am not sure it makes a difference if someone runs it on 1 Pi, or 3 Raspberry Pis or whatever.
Also I think the big advantage with allowing it 100% DIY at least you would weed out all the people who will lose interest after a few days. The people putting enough effort in to build them are going to stick around and be more useful.

I think the Devs are being quite transparent on the telegram channel.
They have said numerous times, they have to make sure that the orders and opportunity is given to the people in the order that they signed up with.
I think the next few days we should see emails start coming through to pay the btc.

The hardware miners are being sold like this and not released is so that they are identical. That way the test net will be much easier to manage and any problems that pop up at least you can rule out hardware as the cause much faster.
Otherwise there could be 100s of nodes on all different OS, with all different problems. Think it is much easier to start as identical as possible. I'm sure once its running everything will be released.

What I mean by transparent, is for example an open list of 'who' is actually in line for the boxed miners. The names could and should be pseudonyms but at least everybody would know where they stand. Also, this would help the devs / admin to defend against people trying to push in (hear synth's interview about the fellow demanding a miner)