Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Skywire node on Windows
I'm trying to download Git but it keeps coming up with a network error; is there any other way to get it?

EDIT: After half an hour, I was finally able to download it. I followed the instructions and presto, it's done. I thought it would be a lot more complicated just looking at the lines of code (that I would have to copy and paste). And I feel as though it should be said alongside the instructions for the code sections that each line should be inputted individually because it was my first reaction to simply copy it all and paste it all at once. Thanks
(01-12-2018, 04:22 AM)skyguy Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 04:15 AM)SlickStretch Wrote: So, I seem to be missing GOPATH from my variables. However, GOROOT is present so I'm not sure why that one wouldn't have shown up?

Manually add the go path as per my instructions in the tutorial

Skyguy, thanks for an excellent post! I want to try installation on my laptop using Windows 10, do you think I'll succeed? Also, has somebody tried to clean up this post, it looks somewhat confusing at some stages and I don't always have time to decypher and follow all the stuff! Or is it simpler than what all the text and diagrams look like?

In any case, thanks again.
(01-16-2018, 11:54 AM)Docukno Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 04:22 AM)skyguy Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 04:15 AM)SlickStretch Wrote: So, I seem to be missing GOPATH from my variables. However, GOROOT is present so I'm not sure why that one wouldn't have shown up?

Manually add the go path as per my instructions in the tutorial

Skyguy, thanks for an excellent post! I want to try installation on my laptop using Windows 10, do you think I'll succeed? Also, has somebody tried to clean up this post, it looks somewhat confusing at some stages and I don't always have time to decypher and follow all the stuff! Or is it simpler than what all the text and diagrams look like?

In any case, thanks again.

You will succeed. Just follow the steps in order  Wink

I will see if I can clean up the "code" sections for those that need it step by step
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to skyguy for this post:
  • trader95
I'm Ready!
Shoutout to you Skyguy! My node is up (...and running as soon as the Testnet will launch)
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to m.polapria for this post:
  • skyguy, trader95
Skyguy please help me (I am not sure that my later posts reached you quickly enough!). I am in a hurry to get this node going!.
I got to the very last line without no problems and then got stuck:

"" ./node.exe -connect-manager -manager-address :5998 -manager-web :8000 -discovery-address messenger.skycoin.net:5999 -address :5000 -web-port

bash: ./node.exe: No such file or directory""

What should I do next?? (windows 10).
Thanks
(01-18-2018, 08:30 AM)Docukno Wrote: Skyguy please help me (I am not sure that my later posts reached you quickly enough!). I am in a hurry to get this node going!.
I got to the very last line without no problems and then got stuck:

"" ./node.exe -connect-manager -manager-address :5998 -manager-web :8000 -discovery-address messenger.skycoin.net:5999 -address :5000 -web-port

bash: ./node.exe: No such file or directory""

What should I do next?? (windows 10).
Thanks

Did the manager start correctly? If it did, open a 2nd git bash command window and enter the commands to launch the node

Here are the commands in order. Two git bash windows needed (Press Enter if you copy/paste the commands into the windows)

Run Skywire

(1) From the same git bash command window, enter the following command

Code:
Code:
cd $GOPATH/bin
./manager.exe -web-dir ${GOPATH}/src/github.com/skycoin/skywire/static/skywire-manager

(2) Open a 2nd command window (right click, Git Bash Here) and enter the following command

Code:
Code:
cd $GOPATH/bin
./node.exe -connect-manager -manager-address :5998 -manager-web :8000 -discovery-address messenger.skycoin.net:5999 -address :5000 -web-port :6001

Wait +- 15 seconds to see some activity in the command window. When you do, launch a browser and navigate to http://127.0.0.1:8000
(01-09-2018, 11:50 AM)Knave9 Wrote: I need a better computer, this one won't cut it. But once i've got that (about March i think) i'll be on this! Nice one

Unless you are using something more than 10 years old, I would guess it should run this fine.
(01-09-2018, 09:41 PM)SlickStretch Wrote:
(01-09-2018, 02:57 PM)skyguy Wrote: You missing the GOPATH command

No, I used it. I just didn't include it in my copy&paste because I didn't have a problem with that command. Here, I'll do it again and I'll make it a little clearer while I'm at it:
I'm not sure how I missed step 5 but the same thing happened to me. Got it sorted out though.

Is there a way to add other nodes over TCP/IP? If not i'll just put skywire on all my computers and mess around like that. Still diving into this so forgive me if I haven't found the obvious answer yet.
(01-14-2018, 03:54 PM)m.polapria Wrote: What are the differences between
1. setting up a node with this method,
2. setting up a DIY node with an Orange Pi (or any other board for that matter) and
3. setting up a node with the official Skyminer?

Bumping this for visibility, am also curious about the precise differences.