Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Skywire node on Windows
For those testing multiple nodes at home, it's possible to manage all nodes from a dedicated monitor. All you need to do is add the server manager address in the node command window on each client

For example, if I want to connect my windows node to my Ubuntu node monitor, I enter the following command on the Windows machine. Still doesn't do much but might be good to know for the future

Code:
./node -connect-manager -manager-address 192.168.1.14:5998 -manager-web 192.168.1.14:8000  -address :5000 -web-port :6001

Ubuntu Skywire Manager
Shows the Ubuntu and Windows nodes (Thanks Nexnt for sharing)

[Image: Skywire_Multiple_Node_Manager.jpg]
(01-18-2018, 08:30 AM)Docukno Wrote: Skyguy please help me (I am not sure that my later posts reached you quickly enough!). I am in a hurry to get this node going!.
I got to the very last line without no problems and then got stuck:

"" ./node.exe -connect-manager -manager-address :5998 -manager-web :8000 -discovery-address messenger.skycoin.net:5999 -address :5000 -web-port

bash: ./node.exe: No such file or directory""

What should I do next?? (windows 10).
Thanks

Success (well allmost!). I got everything running, but the final screen that's displayed does not show any "node that's online (in the middle ( with no address))?
How do I solve this?
(01-22-2018, 06:48 AM)Docukno Wrote:
(01-18-2018, 08:30 AM)Docukno Wrote: Skyguy please help me (I am not sure that my later posts reached you quickly enough!). I am in a hurry to get this node going!.

"" ./node.exe -connect-manager -manager-address :5998 -manager-web :8000 -discovery-address messenger.skycoin.net:5999 -address :5000 -web-port

Thanks

Success (well allmost!). I got everything running, but the final screen that's displayed does not show any "node that's online (in the middle ( with no address))?
How do I solve this?

Did you run both commands in your two git bash windows? 

Command 1 (Git bash window 1)

Code:
Code:
cd $GOPATH/bin
./manager.exe -web-dir ${GOPATH}/src/github.com/skycoin/skywire/static/skywire-manager

Command 2 (Git bash window 2)

Code:
Code:
cd $GOPATH/bin
./node.exe -connect-manager -manager-address :5998 -manager-web :8000 -discovery-address messenger.skycoin.net:5999 -address :5000 -web-port :6001
(01-22-2018, 07:39 AM)skyguy Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 06:48 AM)Docukno Wrote:

Thanks

How do I solve this?

Did you run both commands in your two git bash windows? 

Command 1 (Git bash window 1)

Code:
Code:
cd $GOPATH/bin
./manager.exe -web-dir ${GOPATH}/src/github.com/skycoin/skywire/static/skywire-manager

Command 2 (Git bash window 2)

Code:
Code:
cd $GOPATH/bin
./node.exe -connect-manager -manager-address :5998 -manager-web :8000 -discovery-address messenger.skycoin.net:5999 -address :5000 -web-port :6001
lol! I have closed both gitbash windows long time ago, only the skywire Monitor is running!!
??
lol! I have closed both gitbash windows long time ago, only the skywire Monitor is running!!
??
I meant what should I do about not having had 2 Git bash windows to do what you said?? (I closed both before your reply!!).
What now??

(01-22-2018, 11:33 AM)Docukno Wrote: lol! I have closed both gitbash windows long time ago, only the skywire Monitor is running!!
??
I meant what should I do about not having had 2 Git bash windows to do what you said?? (I closed both before your reply!!).
What now??

Skyguy
Went thru whole process again and executed your cmds (in 2 git windows!!) and success!!!! with the node running, but with nothing/nobody online???
Please explain?
(01-22-2018, 11:33 AM)Docukno Wrote: lol! I have closed both gitbash windows long time ago, only the skywire Monitor is running!!
??
What now??

??
What now??

Skyguy
Went thru whole process again and executed your cmds (in 2 git windows!!) and success!!!! with the node running, but with nothing/nobody online???
Please explain?

After running command 2, wait +- 30 seconds until you see activity in the window. Only open the browser after you see something like below. If you don't see anything after running the commands, make sure you pressed enter after pasting them into the command window

[Image: image.png]
(01-22-2018, 07:09 PM)skyguy Wrote:
??
What now??

??
What now??

Skyguy
Please explain?

After running command 2, wait +- 30 seconds until you see activity in the window. Only open the browser after you see something like below. If you don't see anything after running the commands, make sure you pressed enter after pasting them into the command window

[Image: image.png]

Thanks.
I did all of that and got the last activity going (that shown above, which to me means a successfull installation!, but the final resulting window looks like the one below, but it is WITHOUT THE statement shown halfway down the window ("Online, followed by a key(?) then a 4 digit number"), i.e. the line halfway down the image shown below.
I hope you understand!!!
What does this mean?

[Image: Windows_Skywire_Node.jpg]
(01-23-2018, 05:02 AM)Docukno Wrote: Thanks.
I did all of that and got the last activity going (that shown above, which to me means a successfull installation!, but the final resulting window looks like the one below, but it is WITHOUT THE statement shown halfway down the window ("Online, followed by a key(?) then a 4 digit number"), i.e. the line halfway down the image shown below.
I hope you understand!!!
What does this mean?

Very weird. That normally happens when the node hasn't started
Have you got teamviewer installed? pm me your ID and password this evening. I'll take a look
(01-23-2018, 05:20 AM)skyguy Wrote:
I hope you understand!!!
What does this mean?

Have you got teamviewer installed? pm me your ID and password this evening. I'll take a look
lol! Excuse my (total) ignorance (I'm new here), but: 1. What is pm (after 12h00?!); 2. When is your 'evening'? I'm in SA: UTC+2.
Yes, have Teamviewer.

(01-23-2018, 09:17 AM)Docukno Wrote:
(01-23-2018, 05:20 AM)skyguy Wrote:
I hope you understand!!!
What does this mean?

lol! Excuse my (total) ignorance (I'm new here), but: 1. What is pm (after 12h00?!); 2. When is your 'evening'? I'm in SA: UTC+2.
Yes, have Teamviewer.
Hello skyguy.

i have do the work what you posted.

but something went wrong, and i cant fix it.

the error msg is below.

Code:
$ go install ./...
# github.com/skycoin/skywire/node/api
..\node\api\api.go:627:14: undefined: pty.Start
..\node\api\api.go:685:35: not enough arguments in call to syscall.Syscall
..\node\api\api.go:686:6: undefined: syscall.SYS_IOCTL
..\node\api\api.go:688:6: undefined: syscall.TIOCSWINSZ

then [node.exe] is missing, so i cant code the cmd ["./node.exe -connect-manager -manager-address :5998 -manager-web :8000 -discovery-address messenger.skycoin.net:5999 -address :5000 -web-port :6001"]

but [manager.exe] work well, and browser can opened  http://127.0.0.1:8000

the files in $GOPATH/bin , i show below
Code:
Administrator@PC201711102137 MINGW64 /c/go_work/bin
$ ls
discovery.exe*  manager.exe*  socksc.exe*  sockss.exe*  sshc.exe*  sshs.exe*

and the system environment-variable is been setted.
Code:
C:\Users\Administrator>echo %GOPATH%
C:\go_work

would you please help me to solve this issue?