Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skywire software tutorial + automated installation script
Hey guys a friend and I have made an Automatic install script for the full software part and a tutorial now available 

We know that we have left it late and should have published earlier but we hope it still helps some ppl!

Let’s start:
1.  Go to our GitHub where you can find the tutorial on how to use our SkyInstallScript using the following link:

https://github.com/TheSKYpeople/SkyInstallScript

2.  Follow the steps in the tutorial (pdf version here https://github.com/TheSKYpeople/SkyInsta...Script.pdf)
3.  Your Skyminer should be fully installed now.

If you run into any issues, please open up an issue on GitHub ask us here or let us know on Telegram.
Thank you and happy earnings!

PS: We are not affiliated with the Skycoin/Skywire team neither are we involved in the development of Skycoin/Skywire. We are a group of friends with a Skyminer who thought we can help likeminded people with the not so easy installation process

Attached Files
.pdf   How to install a Skyminer automatically using SkyInstallScript.pdf (Size: 1.55 MB / Downloads: 75)
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to GM_CryptoCat for this post:
  • dobby, skyguy
This is amazing. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for the kind words. I hope it helps ppl
(04-09-2018, 09:47 AM)GM_CryptoCat Wrote: Hey guys a friend and I have made an Automatic install script for the full software part and a tutorial now available 

We know that we have left it late and should have published earlier but we hope it still helps some ppl!

Let’s start:
1.  Go to our GitHub where you can find the tutorial on how to use our SkyInstallScript using the following link:

2.  Follow the steps in the tutorial (pdf version here https://github.com/TheSKYpeople/SkyInsta...Script.pdf)

If you run into any issues, please open up an issue on GitHub ask us here or let us know on Telegram.

PS: We are not affiliated with the Skycoin/Skywire team neither are we involved in the development of Skycoin/Skywire. We are a group of friends with a Skyminer who thought we can help likeminded people with the not so easy installation process
Hi GM_CryptoCat, there's a number of us playing around with PC's (with e.g. Windows 10, etc) and getting "pseudo" Miners going on the PC's (with the magic help of Skyguy and other!).. If you guys have time, feel like trying something similar on and for the PC community? (for the PC noobs!).
Hey man, coming days will be difficult for me but for sure we will have a look Smile. Although with my friend we were thinking that running a miner on a PC might not be the best idea security and performance wise. Noobs could end up getting rkt by some security loophole!
Why do you work from Root, and also why do you install the skycoin wallet on the nodes?
(04-12-2018, 09:37 AM)GM_CryptoCat Wrote: Hey man, coming days will be difficult for me but for sure we will have a look Smile. Although with my friend we were thinking that running a miner on a PC might not be the best idea security and performance wise. Noobs could end up getting rkt by some security loophole!

lol! Security: Isn't that part of the challenge you (we) are faced with (i.e. give us a simple solution (for the security aspect) as part of the initial challenge)? 
In my opinion, if Skycoin wants to get 'Miners' deployed (and employed) as the 'next internet', Sky has to throw everything into the bucket!!!, if not, then I have my doubts as to whether we are going to succeed. Also, I'm not really a noob anymore, BUT TIME is our problem (I'm almost 60 with MANY commitments...not that others do not..), but still want to play around with these things between 24h00 and 04h00 at night: a PC is 1 easy way to do things!! (and you will be surprised how many of us there are!).

Even if it is only for the satisfaction, I enjoy it and although it is not necessarily the best idea (there I wholeheartedly agree with you) I was surprised to see the reaction from other guys when I spoke about PCs in one of my first threads many moons ago! I hope you see why I asked you to look at something? Thanks!
(04-09-2018, 09:47 AM)GM_CryptoCat Wrote: Hey guys a friend and I have made an Automatic install script for the full software part and a tutorial now available 

Let’s start:

Thanks for the guide! Does the script work on orangepi win plus instead of orangepi primes? The specs are pretty similar between the two.
Oh I am not sure but I don't see why it shouldn't. Let me know once you have tried . You can mess me on telegram @GM_CryptoCat

(04-13-2018, 08:17 AM)Docukno Wrote:
(04-12-2018, 09:37 AM)GM_CryptoCat Wrote: Hey man, coming days will be difficult for me but for sure we will have a look Smile. Although with my friend we were thinking that running a miner on a PC might not be the best idea security and performance wise. Noobs could end up getting rkt by some security loophole!

lol! Security: Isn't that part of the challenge you (we) are faced with (i.e. give us a simple solution (for the security aspect) as part of the initial challenge)? 
In my opinion, if Skycoin wants to get 'Miners' deployed (and employed) as the 'next internet', Sky has to throw everything into the bucket!!!, if not, then I have my doubts as to whether we are going to succeed. Also, I'm not really a noob anymore, BUT TIME is our problem (I'm almost 60 with MANY commitments...not that others do not..), but still want to play around with these things between 24h00 and 04h00 at night: a PC is 1 easy way to do things!! (and you will be surprised how many of us there are!).

Even if it is only for the satisfaction, I enjoy it and although it is not necessarily the best idea (there I wholeheartedly agree with you) I was surprised to see the reaction from other guys when I spoke about PCs in one of my first threads many moons ago! I hope you see why I asked you to look at something? Thanks!
Yeah man no problem I get your point and agree with most things said there ! I was not talking about you when I said noobs. I do not even consider myself to be much more than an advanced noob lol ...was talking about really the real beginners and even advanced users on Windows could end up in problems. It's true that we should try to make everything work but I still believe that getting such sensitive thing to run on a proprietary system full of loopholes like Windows will end up with a lot of ppl losing their coins earned by their 'sky miners'. But I agree with you that the challenge and the satisfaction  are definitely worth the work. "as long as you enjoy it do it! "Smile

(04-12-2018, 03:20 PM)Genesis Wrote: Why do you work from Root, and also why do you install the skycoin wallet on the nodes?

Yo, why not work from root? 
For the skycoin wallet I saw that the people who received the first miners installed it as well so I included it. I read the first thread from the ppl who got the first miners but I don't know how relevant it will be for the future...
Quote: ""Yeah man no problem I get your point and agree with most things said there ! I was not talking about you when I said noobs. I do not even consider myself to be much more than an advanced noob lol ...was talking about really the real beginners and even advanced users on Windows could end up in problems. It's true that we should try to make everything work but I still believe that getting such sensitive thing to run on a proprietary system full of loopholes like Windows will end up with a lot of ppl losing their coins earned by their 'sky miners'. But I agree with you that the challenge and the satisfaction  are definitely worth the work. "as long as you enjoy it do it! "Smile """ Unquote.

You are 100% right (again!), and I won't tell anyone to follow suit, BUT still, I guarantee you there's a whole community out there that will do just that (from talking to other). That's one of the reasons I spoke to you initially. If you are like me (and other) you'll know that we are the ones that will 'accept' the risk and probably cry afterwards/later! BUT I can also assure you that once I've solved my/the problem and get to the stage where I can "see" (some) the other nodes all over the world, I'll probably stop with this one and tackle the next "challenge"!
So, there's it, try it!  (BTW, I've got more than 100k invested in Sky, BUT the Coins have been MOVED LONG TIME AGO to a 'safe' haven (touch wood!).
When will you send me the .exe? (joking!).

(04-18-2018, 10:13 AM)Docukno Wrote: Quote: ""Yeah man no problem I get your point and agree with most things said there ! I was not talking about you when I said noobs. I do not even consider myself to be much more than an advanced noob lol ...was talking about really the real beginners and even advanced users on Windows could end up in problems. It's true that we should try to make everything work but I still believe that getting such sensitive thing to run on a proprietary system full of loopholes like Windows will end up with a lot of ppl losing their coins earned by their 'sky miners'. But I agree with you that the challenge and the satisfaction  are definitely worth the work. "as long as you enjoy it do it! "Smile """ Unquote.

You are 100% right (again!), and I won't tell anyone to follow suit, BUT still, I guarantee you there's a whole community out there that will do just that (from talking to other). That's one of the reasons I spoke to you initially. If you are like me (and other) you'll know that we are the ones that will 'accept' the risk and probably cry afterwards/later! BUT I can also assure you that once I've solved my/the problem and get to the stage where I can "see" (some) the other nodes all over the world, I'll probably stop with this one and tackle the next "challenge"!
So, there's it, try it!  (BTW, I've got more than 100k invested in Sky, BUT the Coins have been MOVED LONG TIME AGO to a 'safe' haven (touch wood!).
When will you send me the .exe? (joking!).
This was meant for GM_!