Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sub-units of Skycoin
As Skycoin becomes mainstream we're likely to see a majority of transactions in amounts of less than 1 Skycoin. How are the smaller units of Skycoin called (think satoshis for Bitcoin)? If it's not decided yet, let's brainstorm!
How about "Skybit"?

or a "raindrop" as there are many raindrops in the sky?
(01-08-2018, 10:14 PM)Knave9 Wrote: How about "Skybit"?

raindrop sounds wack, skybit to me would be the best name
(01-11-2018, 06:22 PM)Vaxzem Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 10:14 PM)Knave9 Wrote: How about "Skybit"?

raindrop sounds wack, skybit to me would be the best name

Yeah, I was thinking about this at work actually and i agree. "Raindrops" or "drops" isn't somethings i see people picking up and using.

But maybe "Skybit", or "bit", especailly with the use of bit as a computing term anyway?

It'll be cool if my term becomes the given term. That's got to be worth a coin eh Skyguy?!  Cool Idea
Skybit sounds good because it is simple.
How about "sora"? sora means Sky in Japan. If it were adopted, Satoshi would be pleased.
How many skybits is 1 skycoin?
Skycoin supports 3 decimal places currently, so I'm guessing 0.001 $SKY = 1 Skybit
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to skyforger for this post:
  • jordglob, Knave9
"raindrops" has always been the term since inception, according to Steve sky dev from the skywire telegram.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to JiaLee for this post:
  • jordglob
(01-12-2018, 10:59 AM)JiaLee Wrote: "raindrops" has always been the term since inception, according to Steve sky dev from the skywire telegram.

Really?

Well i guess i must have subconsciously picked up on that somewhere, because i genuinely had no idea. I've only been around since 5th.

I think bit is better though personally.