Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Successfull installation: What next?
The successfull Skywire installation (thanks again to Skyguy and the other contributors for excellent guidelines!) is only for educational purposes, but is there nothing/anything else that can be done next? Surely there must be something that can be "tried" or "experimented" with to extend this very usefull exercise?
I went through the activities in the thread "What's next? (coin/wire post-install)" and I believe there is a place for users that do not want to get involved with that level of detail (in fact, they do not have the knowledge and or background for that whatsoever!!). However, I believe there's a place for a "Dummies guide to Skycoin's new Skywire internet" that covers the installation (getting a few nodes up and running in a legacy environment (between a few enthusiasts)) and using it (that is, IF what I am referring to is at all possible with what we have done so far! lol!!???).

A layer of simple activities and a collection of "practical" knowledge and guidelines (with no use and references to the very low level terminology and...etc, etc) can and will see much participation in forums like Skywug by a group of "not-so-wise" Skycoin supporters that is otherwise left out in the cold!

(One may argue that a "user group" is there for the "techies" only, but from comments I've heard, jargon and sometimes totally irrelevant chatter on other forums (like Telegram) are not (always) meaningfull for those found in the "not-so-young but not-so-old" 'money fat' cut of the newer/later generation Cryptocurrency community).

So, let's feed that community as well!

I went through the activities in the thread "What's next? (coin/wire post-install)" and I believe there is a place for users that do not want to get involved with that level of detail (in fact, they do not have the knowledge and or background for that whatsoever!!). However, I believe there's a place for a "Dummies guide to Skycoin's new Skywire internet" that covers the installation (getting a few nodes up and running in a legacy environment (between a few enthusiasts)) and using it (that is, IF what I am referring to is at all possible with what we have done so far! lol!!???).

A layer of simple activities and a collection of "practical" knowledge and guidelines (with no use and references to the very low level terminology and...etc, etc) can and will see much participation in forums like Skywug by a group of "not-so-wise" Skycoin supporters that is otherwise left out in the cold!

(One may argue that a "user group" is there for the "techies" only, but from comments I've heard, jargon and sometimes totally irrelevant chatter on other forums (like Telegram) are not (always) meaningfull for those found in the "not-so-young but not-so-old" 'money fat' cut of the newer/later generation Cryptocurrency community).

So, let's feed that community as well!
I also got a node up and running and looking for that next thing to experiment with.
(01-26-2018, 09:32 PM)Zimraan Wrote: I also got a node up and running and looking for that next thing to experiment with.

We can connect ssh clients together. I'll post instructions if there's interest

It doesn't do anything but it does prove that external nodes can communicate
(01-28-2018, 05:51 AM)skyguy Wrote:
(01-26-2018, 09:32 PM)Zimraan Wrote: I also got a node up and running and looking for that next thing to experiment with.

Thank you, skyguy! I’m looking forward to being able to test!
(01-28-2018, 05:51 AM)skyguy Wrote:

Once again: thanks Skyguy.
A set-up like the one you are referring to would be very usefull (albeit for experimentation/educational purposes only): to show/demonstrate that nodes can/do communicate will create that level of confidence (satisfaction(?) a la old Mick J!) needed by many prospective Skywire/mesh users (enthusiasts(?)).
So, in my humble opinion, I feel you should go ahead.