Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transfer skycoin to desktop wallet
Information 
This tutorial explains the process of transferring skycoins from cryptopia to a windows desktop wallet

(1) Download the windows 32bit or 64bit desktop wallet and extract the contents to a drive on your computer. I personally extracted the contents to my C: drive. Once extracted, navigate to your skycoin folder and launch the skycoin executable. See here for a more detailed tutorial of how to install the windows desktop wallet

**It's advisable to keep your wallet as secure as possible. See this thread for info on how to encrypt your desktop wallet 

[Image: Launch_SKY_Wallet.jpg]

(2) After launching the skycoin executable, a small command window will start up and automatically open the sky wallet inside a browser window. Highlight your wallet address and copy it to memory (right click, copy). **Only copy the string, do not include the "- SKY (0 Coin Hours)" suffix

[Image: Sky_Wallet.jpg]

(3)
Log into the Cryptopia website and click the balances icon (under the bitcoin icon) to see your available balance

[Image: Cryptopia_Balances.jpg]

(4)
From the Balances page, click the "withdraw" icon to open the transfer details window

[Image: Withdraw_SKY.jpg]

(5) From the transfer window, (1) Select the amount of coins you want to transfer, (2) Paste your Skycoin desktop wallet address, (3) Enter your Cyptopia pin, (4) Click next to process the request. Done

**Cryptopia currently charges 1 skycoin to transfer your balance to another wallet. If you want to transfer 10 skycoins, you will need a balance of 11 skycoins. Decimal places will be added soon, which will bring down the withdrawal fee amount. After transferring your skycoins, wait a few minutes for your balance to reflect. Once your coins have transferred, you will start earning coin hours for every coin you hold in the wallet. 1 skycoin will generate 1 coin hour every hour it's in your wallet 

[Image: Withdraw_SKY_Details.jpg]
Update, cryptopia doesn't seem to charge 1sky no more for transfer.

Someone did it successful?

I used the Android app, it worked once fine, now I doesn't. I know still beta.
(01-05-2018, 12:46 PM)JMG Wrote: Update, cryptopia doesn't seem to charge 1sky no more for transfer.

Someone did it successful?

I used the Android app, it worked once fine, now I doesn't. I know still beta.

They are having issues these last few days and can only transfer x number of coins every few minutes. Unfortunately all we can do is wait and hope it gets resolved soon
i tried to move 1.7 coins as a test, but it sent 3. It did work though and they have arrived. So it's ok.

Regards

Knave
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Knave9 for this post:
  • jordglob
Is there a transfer fee to do this? I’m trying to see the benefit of doing this besides the sky coin hours. I don’t see the benefit especially if there’s a fee.
(01-09-2018, 02:18 PM)Andrewshan Wrote: Is there a transfer fee to do this? I’m trying to see the benefit of doing this besides the sky coin hours. I don’t see the benefit especially if there’s a fee.

There's no fee that i've come across. 

The "hours" aren't worth anything yet, but they will be and if your coins are with the company i'd suggest they are safer than on Cryptopia (with all due respect to them, but they keep crashing).
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Knave9 for this post:
  • Andrewshan