Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What can be done with the skywire network right now?
I recently installed an official skyminer.  I have not found any details to explain how to use it or how others might be using it.  Where can I find this information?
(07-03-2018, 08:57 PM)AntoniosHadji Wrote: I recently installed an official skyminer.  I have not found any details to explain how to use it or how others might be using it.  Where can I find this information?

you can currently just use it as a VPN, Soon it will be running as a Tor like system for encryping and tunneling your data.

https://medium.com/@Zanshi/skywire-as-a-...047d93ef54
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to I Am You for this post:
  • AntoniosHadji
Very cool.  For those running linux on the desktop, you don't need FoxyProxy, you can change the network settings for your computer.
Here's an example from Gnome Desktop on Ubuntu 18.04.
[Image: Screenshot_from_2018_07_04_11_42_37.png]

The ip address is the skyminer on my internal network.
From the Skywire Manager, I clicked on my manager node, and followed the instructions in the previous blog post.
  1. Connect to Node
  2. Search Services
  3. Connect to one of the displayed nodes.
I had great results connecting to a node in the UK.  I also tried singapore, hong kong, and sweden but all of those failed.
After connecting, I used ipleak.net and ifconfig.co to confirm that my IP was showing up in the UK.
(07-04-2018, 03:51 PM)AntoniosHadji Wrote: Very cool.  For those running linux on the desktop, you don't need FoxyProxy, you can change the network settings for your computer.
Here's an example from Gnome Desktop on Ubuntu 18.04.
[Image: Screenshot_from_2018_07_04_11_42_37.png]

The ip address is the skyminer on my internal network.
From the Skywire Manager, I clicked on my manager node, and followed the instructions in the previous blog post.
  1. Connect to Node
  2. Search Services
  3. Connect to one of the displayed nodes.
I had great results connecting to a node in the UK.  I also tried singapore, hong kong, and sweden but all of those failed.
After connecting, I used ipleak.net and ifconfig.co to confirm that my IP was showing up in the UK.
I am running my node Manager on a diy Windows 10 laptop and can connect to most of the nodes available (circa 6000 at the moment). Next goal is to go into a VPN mode.