Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What is Skywire
Sounds great. How could a user connect to the meshnet?
that's awesome
Really like the sound of this, will keep reading about it!
(01-09-2018, 03:23 PM)jdrina Wrote: Sounds great. How could a user connect to the meshnet?

You need to find a wireless community in your area. If you don't have one, you can start one with some neighbors or friends

See here -> https://skywug.net/forum/Thread-What-is-a-WUG
Are there any campaigns to get popular people or humanitarians to help fund the kickstart of internet 3.0, or the hardware needed? I'm sure the ISPs will fight hard to block or prevent us from using their phonelines to start internet 3.0. So we need public pressure against them.
I think China gov allow or connive crypt currency finally.
is there a user guide for skywire? or something about the "new protocols" mentioned in the interview with the devs recently?
(01-07-2018, 12:41 AM)flaminghedge Wrote: I'd like to know more about the roll-out plan. As I see it, this feels like it'll be very hard to get off the ground as much as I want it to. At what stage is it useful, and what kind of infrastructure is required to get it there?

Right from the get go, I'd imagine it's only really useful to a handful of people who either have a miner or happen to live right next to someone who does. Seeing how it's unlikely that your physical neighbors are into skycoin, how do the miners intend to forward traffic to earn skycoin? Also, since there's unlikely to be a mesh net that's capable of circumventing the infrastructure owned by corporates for awhile, would you essentially just be paying to use your neighbors WiFi until much much later when the infrastructure is sufficient?

Upvoting this question. Can we get an answer here?