Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is a WUG
WUGs (Wireless User Groups) are not for profit wireless communities. The network works like a smaller version of the internet. Many houses, buildings and high sites make up a mesh of interconnected nodes able to pass traffic along to the next, making it possible to connect all nodes on the network.

All equipment is standard wifi equipment, operating under 802.11 standards which makes it affordable to anyone

[Image: photo-9.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to skyguy for this post:
  • equalgeek, flaminghedge, flash007
Can this forum become the next bitcointalks on steroids?
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Mihai for this post:
  • Jai ddoos
(01-01-2018, 09:59 AM)Mihai Wrote: Can this forum become the next bitcointalks on steroids?

Hopefully  Smile
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to skyguy for this post:
  • Jai ddoos
Ahhh cool! This is on the mesh!

THE FUTURE IS NOW
ALL WILL WORSHIP AT THE FEET OF SKYNET.. err i mean skycoin 8)
This youtube video may explain and show about how a WUG is built up in a poorer part of Detroit. Apparently there are quarters without or with poor connectivity. People use a church as access point to the internet and build up an own wireless infrastructure to provide wifi in various households.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to M3M for this post:
  • skyguy
lol but then a wug sounds like a wig. I hate wigs man. would like to see skyway taking over bitcoin talk. this feels like investing in bitcoin in 2009!
(01-09-2018, 10:32 AM)agentx Wrote: lol but then a wug sounds like a wig. I hate wigs man. would like to see skyway taking over bitcoin talk. this feels like investing in bitcoin in 2009!

Big Grin  It's pronounced Mug with a W
But this forum is just on the "normal" internet right?
(01-16-2018, 08:37 PM)ailo Wrote: But this forum is just on the "normal" internet right?

Yes