Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is public key and how to create it for every node
Hello every body...
I am a DIY skyminer and going to set up my skyminer on my laptop...I have read all threads and I have set up skywire and its manager in my browser. I have inserted the instructions as was mentioned in tutorials...but I don know how to create public key or what it is at all?!! how to allocate every node we make a special node key?!! 
I would really appreciate if enlighten me with informations related these issues. Thanks so much in advance
(06-29-2018, 12:55 PM)Matto Wrote:
(06-29-2018, 06:13 AM)mehran8282 Wrote: Hello every body...
I am a DIY skyminer and going to set up my skyminer on my laptop...I have read all threads and I have set up skywire and its manager in my browser. I have inserted the instructions as was mentioned in tutorials...but I don know how to create public key or what it is at all?!! how to allocate every node we make a special node key?!! 
I would really appreciate if enlighten me with informations related these issues. Thanks so much in advance

If you can log into the web manager and see your nodes listed, the long string of characters on the node list page are the public keys. Click on any node, and on the detail/status page, that same public key is at the top of the screen. You can copy it from there.

Thanks for your feedback. yes actually I can see the public key and a node address... But my question is how are they allocated? I mean if I reset my system and reconnect again, which one are changed? public key or node addresses are changed? so everytime I config my skyminer I should report the new addresses? how is public key unique?!
(06-29-2018, 04:13 PM)mehran8282 Wrote:
(06-29-2018, 12:55 PM)Matto Wrote:
(06-29-2018, 06:13 AM)mehran8282 Wrote: Hello every body...

If you can log into the web manager and see your nodes listed, the long string of characters on the node list page are the public keys. Click on any node, and on the detail/status page, that same public key is at the top of the screen. You can copy it from there.

Thanks for your feedback. yes actually I can see the public key and a node address... But my question is how are they allocated? I mean if I reset my system and reconnect again, which one are changed? public key or node addresses are changed? so everytime I config my skyminer I should report the new addresses? how is public key unique?!

it would be unique to you and would only change if you removed or deleted your .skywire folder
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to I Am You for this post:
  • mehran8282
(06-29-2018, 05:25 PM)I Am You Wrote: it would be unique to you and would only change if you removed or deleted your .skywire folder

So the public key is unique (as you said) but the node addresses could be changed every time connected right?
second: Are the rewards allocated to the public key?
third:  how to replace my given public key with another?

Thanks
(07-01-2018, 01:54 PM)mehran8282 Wrote:
(06-29-2018, 05:25 PM)I Am You Wrote: it would be unique to you and would only change if you removed or deleted your .skywire folder

So the public key is unique (as you said) but the node addresses could be changed every time connected right?
second: Are the rewards allocated to the public key?
third:  how to replace my given public key with another?

Thanks

1. They can not change unless you remove your .skywire folder.

2. The rewards are currently based on the uptime of your miner. If it has 75% or more you get a fixed rate per month to your peronal skywire wallet. That will change with main net. And yes its based on your public key.

3. remove your .skywire folder

If your still unsure of the process let me know and ill try and explain it better ^-^
Wink 
(07-01-2018, 02:05 PM)I Am You Wrote: 1. They can not change unless you remove your .skywire folder.

2. The rewards are currently based on the uptime of your miner. If it has 75% or more you get a fixed rate per month to your peronal skywire wallet. That will change with main net. And yes its based on your public key.

If your still unsure of the process let me know and ill try and explain it better

Thanks for your kind reply  Smile

Actually I want to run several node skyminer on my previous laptop (intel core i5 ) to get familiar with the process. Do you think it is possible?
I want to use several VMware, everyone have skyware installed separetely and run their node...but would like to use the same public key for all of them. could it be done like this?
(07-01-2018, 02:23 PM)mehran8282 Wrote:
(07-01-2018, 02:05 PM)I Am You Wrote: 1. They can not change unless you remove your .skywire folder.

If your still unsure of the process let me know and ill try and explain it better

Thanks for your kind reply  Smile

Actually I want to run several node skyminer on my previous laptop (intel core i5 ) to get familiar with the process. Do you think it is possible?
I want to use several VMware, everyone have skyware installed separetely and run their node...but would like to use the same public key for all of them. could it be done like this?

No there would only be one key per node. I honestly dont know what would happen if you copied your key file onto more than 1 node. I think you end up with uptime issues where 1 kicks off the other but im not sure. Currently Virtuals are not being rewarded as part of testnet.

It would depend on the spec of your CPU +  how much RAM you have. I have a Core i5-3570 with 12G RAM and I have run up to 4/5? VM's at once. One Kali machine and a few others that where in a network togeather. You could try making 4 and setting it up like a phycial miner. 1 manager and 3 others that are connected to that manager. They would not get whitelisted, at least during this phase of the testnet. but when main net goes live they should be okay.

I recommend just getting a Raspberry pi or 4 to be honest. Much less power draw as you need to maintain a 75% uptime or greater, to get rewards IF they do start to whitelist virtuals. A little 5V Pi will draw a lot less power than leaving a 600W? Desktop online 24/7 for uptime stats.#

EDIT: Currenty personal computers, servers, and VM/VPS nodes are excluded from whitelist
(07-01-2018, 03:55 PM)I Am You Wrote: No there would only be one key per node. I honestly dont know what would happen if you copied your key file onto more than 1 node. I think you end up with uptime issues where 1 kicks off the other but im not sure. Currently Virtuals are not being rewarded as part of testnet.

It would depend on the spec of your CPU +  how much RAM you have. I have a Core i5-3570 with 12G RAM and I have run up to 4/5? VM's at once. One Kali machine and a few others that where in a network togeather. You could try making 4 and setting it up like a phycial miner. 1 manager and 3 others that are connected to that manager. They would not get whitelisted, at least during this phase of the testnet. but when main net goes live they should be okay.

I recommend just getting a Raspberry pi or 4 to be honest. Much less power draw as you need to maintain a 75% uptime or greater, to get rewards IF they do start to whitelist virtuals. A little 5V Pi will draw a lot less power than leaving a 600W? Desktop online 24/7 for uptime stats.#

EDIT: Currenty personal computers, servers, and VM/VPS nodes are excluded from whitelist

Ahh!!! Disappointing that we cannot use our personal computers or servers as whitelisted skyminer on testnet!!! I wasted my time learning how to do it!!...It could be a good initiative for interested people on budget!