Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Where to buy Skycoin
(01-06-2018, 08:55 AM)Waxy Wrote: any plans on getting this to etherdelta or binance?

This is an ongoing discussion in the telegram channels. Most of the popular exchanges cannot cope with the amount of coins they list, so the process to get a new coin added is very time consuming and expensive. 

There is a sky team dedicated to getting skycoin listed on the popular exchanges

I will keep updating this thread as new exchanges come online
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to skyguy for this post:
  • Nclark
When I try to purchase Skycoins through OTC website, it says "Skycoin OTC is currently closed"
Is this temporary?
(01-05-2018, 12:44 AM)Sdunbar84 Wrote: Is anyone having any luck actually withdrawing from cryptopia or is it all just getting stuck? A friend and I have had coins stuck in there for some time now. They are just in "processing" and yes I have clicked the confirmation email. Thanks!

I was able to withdraw fine, but it cost me 1 sky for each withdrawal. I made the withdrawals a week ago, but the withdrawal fee was a pretty steep price to pay considering the current and future value of each coin. Did they charge you to withdraw?  I have heard rumors that they may be removing the 1 skycoin fee per withdrawal.

(01-06-2018, 10:05 AM)skyguy Wrote:
(01-06-2018, 08:55 AM)Waxy Wrote: any plans on getting this to etherdelta or binance?

This is an ongoing discussion in the telegram channels. Most of the popular exchanges cannot cope with the amount of coins they list, so the process to get a new coin added is very time consuming and expensive. 

There is a sky team dedicated to getting skycoin listed on the popular exchanges

I will keep updating this thread as new exchanges come online

Binance would be amazing! I know a lot of people that don't mess with the smaller exchanges for that very reason. I need to purchase some binance coins, so that I can vote to get skycoin added.
More and more sites seem to keep adding Skycoin or at least are discussing it with the user votes! Great news
There are many great C2C websites where you can securely purchase cryptocurrencies using Fiat. Fees to withdraw cryptocurrency from one platform to another can be expensive, make sure you read the fees & rates before making your purchase!
Cryptopia transfer seems to be working on their end now. my issue is it's not showing up in my wallet, even though I've sync'd. any recommendations? It showed up! all good!
(01-06-2018, 06:09 PM)Aspect Wrote: When I try to purchase Skycoins through OTC website, it says "Skycoin OTC is currently closed"
Is this temporary?

I'm trying to use the OTC page as well. Will this be re-opening or should I try an exchange?
(01-07-2018, 05:51 PM)Tim Wrote:
(01-06-2018, 06:09 PM)Aspect Wrote: When I try to purchase Skycoins through OTC website, it says "Skycoin OTC is currently closed"
Is this temporary?

I'm trying to use the OTC page as well. Will this be re-opening or should I try an exchange?

They open it from time to time. I'll respond here when they do
+1 for seeing SKY on Binance. I'd really like to hop on the train!
Thanks for the information!