Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitelisting questions
Hi, I have a couple of questions regarding getting a whitelisting for a DIY skyminer. that I couldn't find the answer to.

I have a miner running right now with a single RPi3B that I used as a test unit for my experimentation. I have 2 more pies, but these are 3B+'es and I will set them up tomorrow and get them running now that I have ironed out all the issues with the first one and started to understand the software setup. 

I have a number of questions regarding this:
1. In the whitelisting form, there is a question about architecture. If I proceed as I outline above, I will have a mixed setup of RPi 3B and 3B+'es. Is this allowed? In that case, what do I choose in the form?

2. Now that I have understood the whole process I will get me 5 more pi's and add them to the cluster. Can I register the setup tomorrow (3 pi's) and then update the registration when I have the 5 more or should I wait until it's all done? Also, the first 3 will likely not be a very beautiful setup, but will be 3 normal Pi's just sitting on a desk. When I get the 5 more, I will add a nice box to it so that it will look better as well. Will this hamper my chances?

3. If I register tomorrow, it will be the 2nd of August. In other words I will have a lot of time to get the 75% uptime needed. Is it allowed to start after the 1st day of a month and still get the reward for that month if the total uptime is > 75% of the month?
(08-02-2018, 02:58 PM)ingwa Wrote: Hi, I have a couple of questions regarding getting a whitelisting for a DIY skyminer. that I couldn't find the answer to.

I have a miner running right now with a single RPi3B that I used as a test unit for my experimentation. I have 2 more pies, but these are 3B+'es and I will set them up tomorrow and get them running now that I have ironed out all the issues with the first one and started to understand the software setup. 

1. In the whitelisting form, there is a question about architecture. If I proceed as I outline above, I will have a mixed setup of RPi 3B and 3B+'es. Is this allowed? In that case, what do I choose in the form?

2. Now that I have understood the whole process I will get me 5 more pi's and add them to the cluster. Can I register the setup tomorrow (3 pi's) and then update the registration when I have the 5 more or should I wait until it's all done? Also, the first 3 will likely not be a very beautiful setup, but will be 3 normal Pi's just sitting on a desk. When I get the 5 more, I will add a nice box to it so that it will look better as well. Will this hamper my chances?

3. If I register tomorrow, it will be the 2nd of August. In other words I will have a lot of time to get the 75% uptime needed. Is it allowed to start after the 1st day of a month and still get the reward for that month if the total uptime is > 75% of the month?

Hello, I will answer your questions as best I can.

1. You can have a mix of as many nodes as you like. Pick what ever kind of node is the most common in your set and explain your setup in the notes.

2. To add more simply refill out your form using the same email and it should update the information we have. Visuals are nice to have but you don't have to worry about that. A pi on a desk counts. 

3. We had a big influx of applications over the last little while. I recommend applying asap but I would doubt you would get whitelisted within the next month.
No, if you have the uptime when you get whitelisted you will get the whole months worth of rewards. But if you got whitelisted in the final week and only powered on your nodes then. You would only get rewarded the next month provided you hit 75% uptime. You can check your uptime here: http://167.99.207.153:8001/

Anything I did not answer or any other questions?
(08-02-2018, 08:59 PM)I Am You Wrote:
(08-02-2018, 02:58 PM)ingwa Wrote: Hi, I have a couple of questions regarding getting a whitelisting for a DIY skyminer. that I couldn't find the answer to.

Hello, I will answer your questions as best I can.

1. You can have a mix of as many nodes as you like. Pick what ever kind of node is the most common in your set and explain your setup in the notes.

2. To add more simply refill out your form using the same email and it should update the information we have. Visuals are nice to have but you don't have to worry about that. A pi on a desk counts. 

3. We had a big influx of applications over the last little while. I recommend applying asap but I would doubt you would get whitelisted within the next month.
No, if you have the uptime when you get whitelisted you will get the whole months worth of rewards. But if you got whitelisted in the final week and only powered on your nodes then. You would only get rewarded the next month provided you hit 75% uptime. You can check your uptime here: http://167.99.207.153:8001/

Anything I did not answer or any other questions?

No, I think you answered it all. Thanks.

And I will register already tonight and then continue working on the cluster.
I have applied for whitelisting now. But I thought of another question. I read somewhere that you would be allowed up to 2 miner clusters for the same person. How would I apply for whitelisting of the second if a new application is treated as an update of the last application?
(08-03-2018, 12:05 AM)ingwa Wrote: I have applied for whitelisting now.  But I thought of another question.  I read somewhere that you would be allowed up to 2 miner clusters for the same person.  How would I apply for whitelisting of the second if a new application is treated as an update of the last application?

This is only allowed for having a DIY and an offical. And even then if you have an offical it needs to be on a seperate IP (I.e. a Different location)

So:
1 Miner per IP
1 Miner per Email (Offical + DIY can make this 2)
1 Miner per Wallet (Offical + DIY can make this 2)
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to I Am You for this post:
  • ingwa
(08-03-2018, 02:20 PM)I Am You Wrote:
(08-03-2018, 12:05 AM)ingwa Wrote: I have applied for whitelisting now.  But I thought of another question.  I read somewhere that you would be allowed up to 2 miner clusters for the same person.  How would I apply for whitelisting of the second if a new application is treated as an update of the last application?

This is only allowed for having a DIY and an offical. And even then if you have an offical it needs to be on a seperate IP (I.e. a Different location)

So:
1 Miner per IP
1 Miner per Email (Offical + DIY can make this 2)
1 Miner per Wallet (Offical + DIY can make this 2)

That's very clear.  Thank you.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ingwa for this post:
  • I Am You