Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
skywire manager difficulty
Hi Everyone,

I'm an utter noob, I apologise in advance for my lack of knowledge. I have searched high and low for an answer to my questions, to no avail.

I'm running a single orange pi prime, using the manager/node image from github. The pi is connected to a switch, which is connected to my ISP modem router.

I can access the browser manager with the default 192.168.0.2:8000 address.

When I open the manager, the node client and node apps are running. Status: online, type: TCP.

My issue is the discover address in settings has a red exclamation mark, and when I try to change the discovery address it does not update. I am not connected to any other nodes, when I click 'search services' the window pops up and closes immediately. 

I am accessing the manager with a clean install of firefox. I have also tried chrome and edge, I experienced the same problem.

I'm totally lost at this point... Can anyone help?
Make sure your fully up to date with your skywire version

Code:
cd $GOPATH/src/github.com/skycoin/skywire
git reset --hard
git clean -f -d
git pull origin master
cd $GOPATH/src/github.com/skycoin/skywire/cmd
go install -v ./...

then start your manager with: (SET MANAGER IP)

Code:
cd $GOPATH/bin
nohup ./manager -web-dir ${GOPATH}/src/github.com/skycoin/skywire/static/skywire-manager > /dev/null 2>&1 &sleep 3

nohup ./node -connect-manager -manager-address ***ManagersIPAddress***:5998 -manager-web ***ManagersIPAddress***:8000 -discovery-address discovery.skycoin.net:5999-034b1cd4ebad163e457fb805b3ba43779958bba49f2c5e1e8b062482904bacdb68  -address :5000 -web-port :6001 > /dev/null 2>&1 &cd /
Thank you, am I to execute this commands from the terminal in the manager?

I tried it, and received this error:

bash: cd: /src/github.com/skycoin/skywire: No such file or directory
(06-09-2018, 03:17 AM)mnnr Wrote: Thank you, am I to execute this commands from the terminal in the manager?

What command did you use to start your orange Pi node?
(06-09-2018, 10:07 AM)I Am You Wrote:
(06-09-2018, 03:17 AM)mnnr Wrote: Thank you, am I to execute this commands from the terminal in the manager?

I literally flashed the image from the skycoin github, then powered the orange pi on. It was already set up with the static IP.

The instructions on git say to run this command too: 
Code:
git remote set-url origin https://github.com/skycoin/skywire.git

When I do, it says it's not valid...
I'm wondering if it's a network issue, but it doesn't seem to be as I can connect to the manager and see the node is active.
should I just start from scratch? Is armbian the best bet, using putty to set it up?
(06-09-2018, 10:37 AM)mnnr Wrote:

I literally flashed the image from the skycoin github, then powered the orange pi on. It was already set up with the static IP.

The instructions on git say to run this command too: 
Code:
git remote set-url origin https://github.com/skycoin/skywire.git

When I do, it says it's not valid...
I'm wondering if it's a network issue, but it doesn't seem to be as I can connect to the manager and see the node is active.
should I just start from scratch? Is armbian the best bet, using putty to set it up?

My Orange pis have not arrived yet so im not too familiar with the Orange Pi Images.

You should ask here https://t.me/skywire

sorry im not more help :<
(06-09-2018, 10:37 AM)mnnr Wrote:

If you flashed the images from github, they are pre-configured and should automatically start
Hi Everyone, just a quick update in case anyone experiences the same problem as me.

I placed my ISP modem/router into bridge mode, flashed openwrt onto a different router and set up the network as follows:

modem>openwrtrouter (changed the ip address to 192.168.0.1)>network switch>orange pi prime running the image from the skywire git.

Everything is now functioning properly. For some reason my ISP router was causing trouble.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to mnnr for this post:
  • I Am You