Skycoin Forum

Full Version: What the hell am I doing?! I don't know enterprise level networking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This coming week I'm seeing the new office I'll most likely be leasing. I've been blessed and I'm going to be pouring some of this into SKY infrastructure. I'll be able to pull down up to 9+ gigabits of fiber if I wanted. I really lucked out with this place as I'll basically be able to bogart the fiber line for the whole building If I choose to. 

How do I manage 8 gigabits bandwidth? Will the ISP do 90% of the work? What sort of routers should I be looking into?

If this is even a portion as profitable as we all hope for the first month live, and I work this all out, I'll donate 10% of my first months profits to the Skywug community in the form of antennae and other hardware. 

But I think I'm going to need a little help too. Thanks guys.
"this sounds like first world problems" - Who C.

haha gold
(01-16-2018, 02:20 AM)Mihai Wrote: [ -> ]"this sounds like first world problems" - Who C.

haha gold

Hahaha. Big Grin

I'll find out more info later this week.

I'm gonna have so much fiber I can throw out all my Wheaties lol.
(01-15-2018, 10:01 PM)JiaLee Wrote: [ -> ]This coming week I'm seeing the new office I'll most likely be leasing. I've been blessed and I'm going to be pouring some of this into SKY infrastructure. I'll be able to pull down up to 9+ gigabits of fiber if I wanted. I really lucked out with this place as I'll basically be able to bogart the fiber line for the whole building If I choose to. 

How do I manage 8 gigabits bandwidth? Will the ISP do 90% of the work? What sort of routers should I be looking into?

If this is even a portion as profitable as we all hope for the first month live, and I work this all out, I'll donate 10% of my first months profits to the Skywug community in the form of antennae and other hardware. 

From property managers I've spoken with, new telecommunication services are often quoted at ~120+ days to install.  So I would definitely check that out with the service providers before signing a lease if you're counting on the bandwidth being available in the near future.
(01-16-2018, 07:48 AM)windrip Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-15-2018, 10:01 PM)JiaLee Wrote: [ -> ]This coming week I'm seeing the new office I'll most likely be leasing. I've been blessed and I'm going to be pouring some of this into SKY infrastructure. I'll be able to pull down up to 9+ gigabits of fiber if I wanted. I really lucked out with this place as I'll basically be able to bogart the fiber line for the whole building If I choose to. 

From property managers I've spoken with, new telecommunication services are often quoted at ~120+ days to install.  So I would definitely check that out with the service providers before signing a lease if you're counting on the bandwidth being available in the near future.

That's the best part, it's a brand new property manager who's been putting this together for a while, and as it turns out the install is happening imminently. I also have a 2nd location in another state if this falls through. I'm not a whale by any means, I'm planning and pouring a lot into this hoping to get back at least what I put in, and help the sky infrastructure, I believe in sky more than anything right now.
If you are having any difficulty, maybe hire an IT guy to help?
And then fire the guy after everything is set up and running to save money lol...
In degree, a venture system may incorporate nearby and wide territory systems (LAN/WAN), contingent upon operational and departmental necessities.