Skycoin Forum

Full Version: Pi Skyminer Setup brickwall
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone!

I've tried every method I can find with no luck but, I'm so close to having a full cluster of Pi's but I seem to be slipping up somewhere, I'm going to use the guide by adhaelon I tried it quickly with 2 Pi's but could not get them to connect with them.

Maybe my router setup is not good.

I will be using the pre-configured Raspian-skywire image on 32gb EVO+ SD's.

My hardware is:

8 x Raspberry Pi's (a few different versions)
2 x Netgear 5 port gigabit switches
1 x Netgear D6200 router (not my main internet router)

Is there any updates I should consider to the guide by adhaelon 

Any pointers much appreciated is there an IRC or Live chat room where someone could assist me?

I have a Hub 5 type A in the process of getting openWRT onto it but will need to use the D6200 for now if possible.

Thanks for reading my ramble so stressed tried so many methods! 

Cheers!

nodejunky
(06-13-2019, 04:28 PM)nodejunky Wrote: [ -> ]Hey everyone!

I've tried every method I can find with no luck but, I'm so close to having a full cluster of Pi's but I seem to be slipping up somewhere, I'm going to use the guide by adhaelon I tried it quickly with 2 Pi's but could not get them to connect with them.

Maybe my router setup is not good.

I will be using the pre-configured Raspian-skywire image on 32gb EVO+ SD's.

My hardware is:

8 x Raspberry Pi's (a few different versions)
2 x Netgear 5 port gigabit switches
1 x Netgear D6200 router (not my main internet router)

Is there any updates I should consider to the guide by adhaelon 

Any pointers much appreciated is there an IRC or Live chat room where someone could assist me?

I have a Hub 5 type A in the process of getting openWRT onto it but will need to use the D6200 for now if possible.

Thanks for reading my ramble so stressed tried so many methods! 

Cheers!

nodejunky

How are you testing the two pis, are they both connected to one of the switches which is connected to the router? If the router is connected to your internet gateway, have you forwarded your ports correctly? 

What are the IPs of your pis, skywire and home router?
Finally all running and awaiting whitelisting, so now there all set up what do I do?
(07-15-2019, 07:13 PM)nodejunky Wrote: [ -> ]Finally all running and awaiting whitelisting, so now there all set up what do I do?

If you have already submitted you whitelist applcation all you need to do is maintain uptime or use them as a personal VPN/Sock5 proxy.

check out the wiki links here: https://github.com/skycoin/skywire/wiki they contain a lot of info on what sorts of things you can do and little tweaks and tricks
(07-17-2019, 02:22 PM)I Am You Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-15-2019, 07:13 PM)nodejunky Wrote: [ -> ]Finally all running and awaiting whitelisting, so now there all set up what do I do?

If you have already submitted you whitelist applcation all you need to do is maintain uptime or use them as a personal VPN/Sock5 proxy.

check out the wiki links here: https://github.com/skycoin/skywire/wiki they contain a lot of info on what sorts of things you can do and little tweaks and tricks

Yep all whitelisted and approved! What does availability for the next month mean? and as I have started not at the start of the month will I still get some coins?

Ill have a good read over the wiki, just need to make It look more pretty now.... 

Thanks for the help!