Skycoin Forum
Skywire miner order updates - Printable Version

+- Skycoin Forum (https://skywug.net/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussions (https://skywug.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Skycoin Project (https://skywug.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Skywire (https://skywug.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Thread: Skywire miner order updates (/showthread.php?tid=60)

Pages: 1 2

Skywire miner order updates - Frog - 01-04-2018

Please post if you have received your order confirmation (option to actually send 1 BTC ) and to buy a prebuilt skywire miner.

The process as I understand it:
  1. Sign up: https://blog.skycoin.net/statement/skywire-miner-hardware-for-the-next-internet/ > Sign up to our mailing list for Skywire Miner updates: http://eepurl.com/c4DyAv
  2. Receive invite by email, as per queue according to when one signed up
  3. Confirm invite <- This is where the process is at the moment
  4. Receive option to buy
  5. Send 1 BTC
  6. Receive box + sky (about 500 skycoins)
  7. Help create the next internet! and escape enslavement at same time ... :-)

RE: Skywire miner order updates - Bakez - 01-04-2018

I have replied to the email.

The people in the first 300 are probably all signed up in July or August or before, but that doesn't mean they are all whales with 1 BTC to randomly spare. I think that there could dumping of SKY from this.

For example, I personally only own a very small amount of SKY from a short time after it was listed on cryptopia because I knew there was possibility to mine it for the remaining 95 million coins.

RE: Skywire miner order updates - Frog - 01-04-2018

(01-04-2018, 01:58 PM)Bakez Wrote: I have replied to the email.

The people in the first 300 are probably all signed up in July or August or before, but that doesn't mean they are all whales with 1 BTC to randomly spare. I think that there could dumping of SKY from this.

For example, I personally only own a very small amount of SKY from a short time after it was listed on cryptopia because I knew there was possibility to mine it for the remaining 95 million coins.

It would be nice if one could at least know if one were in the first 300.
There may be some dumping, if people have most of their current portfolio in sky and have to convert it to btc in order to buy the skyminer ... a bit kafkaesque but I believe there is some sort of market logic behind that ... fluidity ...

RE: Skywire miner order updates - GM_CryptoCat - 01-04-2018

I think we have to wait till the 9th of January to receive the first conformation mails guys. They have to wait till the 1 week timeframe is passed.

Concerning the dump, I think a lot of people will sell other stuff from their portfolio to get the 1BTC and not sell any SKY...at least the people who registered early are mainly big holders of SKY...Personally I am not gonna sell a single one just gonna add to my stack.

RE: Skywire miner order updates - Bakez - 01-10-2018

Only 350 replied to the email

So maybe if you signed up before the latest pump you could be in the first 300.

RE: Skywire miner order updates - Frog - 01-11-2018

(01-10-2018, 09:52 PM)Bakez Wrote: Only 350 replied to the email

Hello Bakez, 
Yes, I noticed that so I am optimistic.
It would be nice if there was more transparency by the the team.

RE: Skywire miner order updates - Bakez - 01-11-2018

(01-11-2018, 10:32 AM)Frog Wrote:

Hello Bakez, 

I agree

I don't quite understand why the focus on these 8x OrangePIs instead of just using a few of these as an example and providing design details so people can DIY them. Yes they will end up with loads of different hardware designs but I am not sure it makes a difference if someone runs it on 1 Pi, or 3 Raspberry Pis or whatever.
Also I think the big advantage with allowing it 100% DIY at least you would weed out all the people who will lose interest after a few days. The people putting enough effort in to build them are going to stick around and be more useful.

RE: Skywire miner order updates - SkyVinnie - 01-11-2018

(01-11-2018, 12:00 PM)Bakez Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 10:32 AM)Frog Wrote:

Hello Bakez, 

I agree

I don't quite understand why the focus on these 8x OrangePIs instead of just using a few of these as an example and providing design details so people can DIY them. Yes they will end up with loads of different hardware designs but I am not sure it makes a difference if someone runs it on 1 Pi, or 3 Raspberry Pis or whatever.
Also I think the big advantage with allowing it 100% DIY at least you would weed out all the people who will lose interest after a few days. The people putting enough effort in to build them are going to stick around and be more useful.

I think the Devs are being quite transparent on the telegram channel.
They have said numerous times, they have to make sure that the orders and opportunity is given to the people in the order that they signed up with.
I think the next few days we should see emails start coming through to pay the btc.

The hardware miners are being sold like this and not released is so that they are identical. That way the test net will be much easier to manage and any problems that pop up at least you can rule out hardware as the cause much faster.
Otherwise there could be 100s of nodes on all different OS, with all different problems. Think it is much easier to start as identical as possible. I'm sure once its running everything will be released.

RE: Skywire miner order updates - agentx - 01-11-2018

I need an option to buy the miner without the 1btc hustle

RE: Skywire miner order updates - sigre - 01-12-2018

(01-11-2018, 08:48 PM)agentx Wrote: I need an option to buy the miner without the 1btc hustle

just follow the shopping list and build one